Thread: One of many,...curses

Head Coach Material

One of many,...curses

Jim Mora Sr. once said Michael Vick was a coach killer and it came to pass,...twice. But something daddy Mora should've said The Falcons franchise is a coach killer.

This curse effects not only Falcons head coaches but NFL coaches past as well.

Here's the former Falcons head coaches who exited the NFL completely after fired,...Marion Campbell, Jerry Glanville, June Jones, Dan Reeves, Bobby Petrino. Jim Mora Jr. coached the Seahawks for one season after being fired by the Falcons and is out of the NFL now. Mike Smith is now the D-coordinator in Tampa but not a head coach. Dan Henning did continue as an O-coordinator but not a head coach. The last seven coaches the Falcons have fired never were head coaches again other than Jim Mora Jr. for only one season.

Then there's coaches of other teams who were effected by this curse when they lost to the Falcons. Guys like Tom Landry who lost two straight seasons to Atlanta, recently Tom Coughlin and the old Titans dudewhatshisname, Tony Dungee, Dennis Green, Mike Ditka, Chuckie...and these guys when they lost to the Falcons were infected with this disease. Heck,...Lovie Smith swept the Falcons but he got his butt fired anyway. That's prolly a different situation.

After so many losing seasons through the years one can reasonably admit this team has been cursed or that the whole thang is rigged. Oh we've heard it all, like it's just been bad management, poor coaching type stuff. Hail man,...the Falcons have had Hall Of Fame players as HOF COACHES. It's ridiculous when there's been only one Super Bowl appearance in 50 years when teams like some of those mentioned above appear in a dozen SBs in 15 years. And it's always the same teams,...always other than the refreshing Cardinals and the Panthers this year. Just cursed to be a lowly Falcon fan,...may as well embrace it.

Not sure about the Falcons but I agree with the Killer Theorem in general. One specific instance was when the Fins were still usually successful in getting to the playoffs. They settled on Fiedler after Dan Marino and under Dave's coaching prowess his career came to an end in Miami. He'd done great as a Jaguar, in fact I think Coach JJ's Marino Burnout game was as a result of a playoff at Jacksonville, Fiedler playing the opposite side.

After other QB's came and died here (former Cane Craig Erickson, former Jets backup Ray Lucas...) I then tracked all QB ratings at Chicago or Miami and they all had their worst ratings under Wanny,

Dave Wannstedt, QB killer.
    Last edited by Gundermerikan; 01-21-2016 at 07:08 PM.

Head Coach Material
    Ah yessssssssssss,...good ole Wanny. Had forgotten he was the Phins coach. And honestly Fiedler was a fine passing QB. Funny,...this makes me think of Mike Ditka's last stint as the Saints head honcho. But the point is,..maybe the Falcons had coaches effecting player's careers which can be said is obvious on every team. The point is here the Falcons franchise is cursed, was cursed when Pete Rozelle said the Falcons are my child.

Rozelle famously repeated the Falcons were his child.

I'm no big fan of the Dolphins ownership,...that org has had to battle the elitists in Boston, Buffalo, New Jersey for many years, so I respect them. Hell,...if I had to deal with Jets fans every year I'd be in prison most likely.

They tell me it'll be so sweet when we win a Super Bowl. Until then it's the same old teams playing in the Super Bowl, especially in the AFC!