Thread: Los Angeles Rams,...again

Hybrid View

Head Coach Material

Los Angeles Rams,...again

As they say around here,...THERE IT IS!!!.

So the Rams will play the 2016 regular season at the old LA Coliseum,...dam if that don't bring back memories and not many good ones from a long time ago.

Great, juuuuuuuust great,...that makes 4 away games wayyyyyy out West, at Seattle, Denver, Oakland and now the new/old LA Rams.

In his NFL Ivory Tower, in New York City the schedule making antichrist is wringing his hands with an evil, lustful grin cause this is a delicious time to schedule the Falcons two maybe three straight away games out West. There it is,...away games in December at Denver and Seattle or Philadelphia. hehehehe I'll get those dome teams like I did in 2015 hehehehe even got them Cowboys

Anyway it'll be nostalgic watching the Rams/Falcons play in a stadium that's older than a large percentage of NFL fans. In the old days the Rams wore they white jerseys, pants with that classic, beautiful blue helmet with the white horns when playing at home. It'd be nice if they did a throwback thingie and the Falcons wore they beautiful red helmets/jerseys,...as in the pic above.

Chargers fans are breathing sigh of relief this morning. Ya'll don't wanna get near a Rams message board, I promise. The St. Louis media is calling the Rams owner, a Missouri native, a Benedict Arnold. But people miss something,...That area of the nation is in severe decline socially, politically. Funny when one might consider Los Angeles a safer place than St. Louis.

So next season will be interesting, all those 6 or 7 hour flights,...imagine the cost of flying 70 players, 30 coaches, 20 staffers, the owner,...his new wife, all the shoulder pads, helmets, jock straps, Gatorade towels for Matt Ryan, nahhhh that'd be Cammy's signature.

Oh hell, all of that is tax incentives for the billionares, talking about 2 teams sharing the new stadium to be built, so now every year there will be a west coast team and an east coast...aka NY team in the spectacle bowl every year. You know............the one people care more about half time and tv ads than the fixed game!
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Head Coach Material
    Quote Originally Posted by Jett View Post
    Oh hell, all of that is tax incentives for the billionares, talking about 2 teams sharing the new stadium to be built, so now every year there will be a west coast team and an east coast...aka NY team in the spectacle bowl every year. You know............the one people care more about half time and tv ads than the fixed game!
    It is funny they didn't try to separate, like those connected twins, the Jets and Giants. I guess so their schedules every season are the center of the Universe and every other team's schedule revolves around them. But back to playing in LA again.

Hell from Atlanta it's not that much further to fly to London and play. You in the air a long damp time going to California. Highwireah,...Hawaii should have a team,...and Alaska.

TRIVIA!!!

the last time the Falcons played in LA against the Rams,...Atlanta won the game in 1994,...hahaha 8-5,...swear to gawd.

Head Coach Material
    additional,...1994,...the LA Rams had a second year RB named Jerome Bettis. They had future Falcon Chris Chandler, Tommy Maddox and the former Falcon Chris Miller at the QB position. The Rams that season lost 12 games, being swept by the Falcons assuring the curse which would make the franchise move to Missouri. Bettis left the Rams when the Rams left LA, to get a SB win in Pittsburg and the San Louis Rams wallowed in losing until 1999 when a grocery store bag boy became the NFL's MVP.

In 1994 the Niners were the class of the league going 13-3 winning the SB over the Chargers bigtime.

Head Coach Material
    additional,...ya'll out West will be able to watch this incredible athlete live,...

Head Coach Material
    Quote Originally Posted by Penumbra View Post
    Ya'll don't wanna get near a Rams message board, I promise. The St. Louis media is calling the Rams owner, a Missouri native, a Benedict Arnold.
    hahahaha,...a guy here, and no I won't name him, posted he was banned at a Rams message board site. Lol Told you boys to be careful.

The, oh I almost forgot the city already.. St. Louis gig never fit the Rams anyway. The L.A. Rams are inextricably tied to Deacon Jones and Fred Dryer, neither of whom had any doings anywhere in Missouri. They were only great in L.A. and probably will do a lot better now.

I went to basic training in Fort Leonard Wood, not far away. It's a totally different scene of forests and snow: they plowed through the snow in these old 50's style Checker Cabs. Jones was originally from Florida, a civil-rights protester. He was part of the Fearsome Foursome next to Merlin Olson. Rosey Grier went on to become one of R.F.K.'s bodyguards. Dryer played a free-spirited detective in a TV drama series for years...

Head Coach Material
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundermerikan View Post
    The, oh I almost forgot the city already.. St. Louis gig never fit the Rams anyway. The L.A. Rams are inextricably tied to Deacon Jones and Fred Dryer, neither of whom had any doings anywhere in Missouri. They were only great in L.A. and probably will do a lot better now.

I went to basic training in Fort Leonard Wood, not far away. It's a totally different scene of forests and snow: they plowed through the snow in these old 50's style Checker Cabs. Jones was originally from Florida, a civil-rights protester. He was part of the Fearsome Foursome next to Merlin Olson. Rosey Grier went on to become one of R.F.K.'s bodyguards. Dryer played a free-spirited detective in a TV drama series for years...
    Round that time you referring happened when I was a one nut in the sack boy. But you stirred memories from when we lived in Florida. Seems the TV feed in St.Pete always had Cowboys, Raiders, of course the Phins and the Rams. And yeah I recall Deacon getting into politics and true Rosey was an obvious White House statement. Fred Dryer was one of the most dirty ass player in a legal way, mind you.

Poor Missouri,...and I sincerely feel for the Rams fans in that area. But I KNEW,...from experience?, ahem,...to stay away from Rams boards. ummmm,...seems California Rams fans and Missori Rams fans have a history. Think about that when pondering the owners decision to move the Rams and not the Chargers, Bills or Jaguars.

Head Coach Material
    Oh yeah,...the truth always comes out in time.

January, 2014 • Rams owner Stan Kroenke buys 60 acres in Inglewood, Calif. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell tells St. Louis not to overreact: "There are no plans to my knowledge of a stadium development."

Dec. 17, 2015 • Goodell warns Nixon(Rams official) and his task force that the NFL has no plans to contribute $300 million toward construction of a St. Louis stadium.

Dec. 18, 2015 • Aldermen(Owners Vote) approve funding plan for stadium construction, 17-10. Five owners didn't vote?

Jan. 5, 2016 • Rams file for relocation, blasting the St. Louis market and stating that any NFL club agreeing to stadium proposal "would be well on the road to financial ruin."

Jan. 9. 2016 • In a report sent to NFL team owners, Goodell calls the St. Louis stadium plan inadequate, suggests that Rams have met relocation guidelines.

Jan. 12, 2016 • League owners meet in Houston, approve Rams' move to Los Angeles, 30-2.

woohooo! And make no mistake, it's ironic that Los Angeles is safer than Missouri,...hmmm,...demographics most likely.