• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A
    NFLfans processing...

Thread: Magic City Phishing for Matthew

Magic City Phishing for Matthew

Stafford hit a low point at around the same time as Campbell had the Fins on the rebound, and then it hit me http://espn.go.com/blog/detroit-lions/print?id=19550

For the first time, Stafford’s tenure with the Lions may be running short. The 27-year-old’s guaranteed money is up after this season, which means moving on from Stafford before 2016 or 2017 would be a little bit easier to digest financially.

The Lions would eat $11 million in dead money prior to the 2016 season or $5.5 million in dead money before 2017, but the end of Stafford’s guarantee opens up some options.

If the Lions feel Stafford is no longer their guy, and they see another player who they believe can be their guy, they could begin the process of moving away from Stafford. How the Lions would do this is not clear. They could try to trade Stafford after the season in an effort to stockpile draft picks. Or they could release him, potentially freeing up $22 million in cap room (minus the dead money mentioned above).

Since Mike Tannenbaum has worked with his counterpart in the Detroit Lions, Cedric Saunders, we've seen Suh and Mosley come steaming down here from the Motor City. Who could be next is anybody's guess but I'd sure like the see them make a trade for Stafford.

Head Coach Material
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundermerikan View Post
    Since Mike Tannenbaum has worked with his counterpart in the Detroit Lions, Cedric Saunders, we've seen Suh and Mosley come steaming down here from the Motor City. Who could be next is anybody's guess but I'd sure like the see them make a trade for Stafford.
    fascinating,...that some teams you'd never know have ties together just because of a good ole boy system. The Falcons and Chiefs are vewwwwy close, so are the Falcons and Chargers, interesting. The Lions and Dolphins? Just me but quality QBs are not coming out of college like they used to do. It comes from college QBs coming out of how scrool not learning the passing game since their game is running the ball. Remember Falcons fans had a guy named Mike Vick who still owns a few NFL records as a rushing QB.

I dunno, let's see how the newly, highly paid QB does with some rookie draft pick at WR or RB.