Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Derrelle Revis

Derrelle Revis

the sooner bowles and derrelle realize he's no longer the CB he used to be the better off this defense will be, I don't want pride or hurt feelings interfering with proper game planning next year. if he has trouble with the quicker elite youngsters then give him help or put him on the #2! hes still good and we have him for two more years (30 mil guaranteed). suck it up revis, you got your money now just do what you're told. man up bowles

now what about cro next year? 8 mil return?

Quote Originally Posted by AFL12 View Post
    the sooner bowles and derrelle realize he's no longer the CB he used to be the better off this defense will be, I don't want pride or hurt feelings interfering with proper game planning next year. if he has trouble with the quicker elite youngsters then give him help or put him on the #2! hes still good and we have him for two more years (30 mil guaranteed). suck it up revis, you got your money now just do what you're told. man up bowles

Revis earned his rep by being glue on each and every wide out he encountered off the line or in coverage. He was overmatched a few times this year. It's clearly time to adjust and become more of a savvy zone guy, like Ty Law slowly evolved into. There's no shame in that, but you cannot continue to give huge cushions and watch a guy catch first downs uncontested in front of you, fearing you will get beat deep with no help.

Cro is as good as gone and Revis is still better then 99% of the CBs in football. He just cant be 2009 Revis anymore and that's fine. Ocassional help for him is no biggie...but Bowles and Revis need to recognize that and adjust accordingly.

CB is not the problem. Revis, Skrine, Williams, McD and Lord willing Milliner give us plenty of talent and depth there. S is still a problem. Pryor is not good in coverage and gilchrist is not a natural ball hawk either.

Team Owner
    Hopefully MaCaganan will cut his losses with Gilchrist, the worst FA signing of them all, he was awful all year.

Gilchrist was on Watkins several times yesterday, why Bowles had him assigned to him is mind boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by MSGold12 View Post
    Cro is as good as gone and Revis is still better then 99% of the CBs in football. He just cant be 2009 Revis anymore and that's fine. Ocassional help for him is no biggie...but Bowles and Revis need to recognize that and adjust accordingly.

CB is not the problem. Revis, Skrine, Williams, McD and Lord willing Milliner give us plenty of talent and depth there. S is still a problem. Pryor is not good in coverage and gilchrist is not a natural ball hawk either.
    antonio allen will help next year....i think he was an under the radar injury....as long as they play him at FS he will be more then fine

Quote Originally Posted by AFL12 View Post

The thing is they didnt use REvis like a top CB yesterday. He was playing off coverage all game and was in a trail. I dont understand why they just didnt put Revis in Watkins face and let him bully him at the line with safety help over the top. Thats what Revis does best.

Quote Originally Posted by pope View Post
    Hopefully MaCaganan will cut his losses with Gilchrist, the worst FA signing of them all, he was awful all year.

Gilchrist was on Watkins several times yesterday, why Bowles had him assigned to him is mind boggling.
    as much as Im /everyone is killing revis a few of those Watkins completions were caused by poor communication in the secondary twice I saw revis and someone not on the same page. like msg stated, we need a FS, and one that can fly

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMan57 View Post
    The thing is they didnt use REvis like a top CB yesterday. He was playing off coverage all game and was in a trail. I dont understand why they just didnt put Revis in Watkins face and let him bully him at the line with safety help over the top. Thats what Revis does best.
    they were confused all game, at one time nobody covered him

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjet52 View Post
    antonio allen will help next year....i think he was an under the radar injury....as long as they play him at FS he will be more then fine
    I like Allen too but he is no more a FS then Pryor. Hes a SS whio can cover a little better then Pryor can. Thye need a 2005 Kerry Rhodes type who can play CF.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMan57 View Post
    Revis isn't as good at that as he used to be. Hopkins dominated him physically, and it totally psyches him out. He can still do that to most guys, but they apparently chose to play off and hope for drops and bad throws.