Thread: The Playoffs start this week

The Playoffs start this week

in buffalo, 5 game single elimination we have an OK QB and two good WR , better than weve had in years to go with a strong defense. we can beat anyone

Started about 4 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by AFL12 View Post
    in buffalo, 5 game single elimination we have an OK QB and two good WR , better than weve had in years to go with a strong defense. we can beat anyone
    I think they already started.

And kudos to Fitz and the Jets who faced one possession, in OT, with the season on the line and had their best drive of the season. Fitz was perfect on that drive.

I'm still a pessimistic doubter when we come up against legit contenders (if we get that chance) but I couldn't want to be wrong more than I do right now. If we can keep any game within 1 score we can win that game.

nope they actually started when Pittsburgh lost and we control our own destiny, as we could have won out and still not made it. its in our hands now

Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post
    Started about 4 weeks ago.
    Agreed. Pretty much started when we were 5-5. But, Jets definitely had to approach the Pats game as if it was a playoff game.

Quote Originally Posted by AFL12 View Post
    nope they actually started when Pittsburgh lost and we control our own destiny, as we could have won out and still not made it. its in our hands now
    NE may not at that moment have been a "win and you're in" game but it most certainly was a "lose and you're out" game, so.....

Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    NE may not at that moment have been a "win and you're in" game but it most certainly was a "lose and you're out" game, so.....
    that's always a PO game,

It is crazy to think the Jets are four wins away from their first Super Bowl appearance since 1969.

Five wins away from becoming Super Bowl champions.

And it doesn't look like a longshot because of how good, well balanced this team is and how flawed the rest of the AFC playoff field looks.

Dude, they are still a significant longshot and those are not "just wins" We've been 5 wins away from a SB MANY TIMES.

Even if you want to completely wipe out the "longshot" concept for the AFC side of the equation, which hey, I myself have definitely upgraded my opinion of our chances, but not because of us, because of the field, Denver has a very green QB, Cincy has a rook QB who might be hurt, they could drop to 3rd string, KC is a pretender till proven otherwise (like us, sorry) and NE until they GET healthy, are not healthy, they are a shell of their contending selves. So, even if you want to upgrade our AFC chances, we are still DRASTIC LONGSHOTS to beat the top NFC contenders. Arizona most especially. I like them to take this thing home, but Palmer has to man up. He does not have the post season experience himself. I also think Seattle will be a seriously tough out. And Cam is the best player in the league right now.

I will send you flowers if we win the SB. But please, don't start the wins countdown when we haven't even clinched a playoff spot yet and hey, I'm sorry, we caught NE sitting on the crapper with their pants around their ankles at game time, and we still went to OT. GG, I'm nto going to tell you we can't but we have not SHOWN reason to believe we can take down a quality team. Just sit, QUIETLY, and hope, by yourself, OK????