Thread: Growing painssss

Head Coach Material

Growing painssss

You can go to atlantafalcons.com and read this blog or click down below. Practice squad signings, late round picks, undrafted free agents with a sprinkle of high round picks is the Falcons roster. Here's my take.

It was apparent the Falcons would be a very young team last Spring, as I told you soLol last Spring. Only Matt Ryan remains from the award winning Falcons 2008 draft. Some of the others are not playing in the NFL. Clearly the NFL is setup like many successful businesses in the way turnover in personnel is encouraged. But in the NFL's case they have a union demanding hundreds of millions of that pie.

Anyway, just look at all these 7th round picks, all the undrafted players, all the rookies drafted just last Spring on the Falcons roster. The Falcons carry a 63 man roster even to away games. Instead of 7 inactives every game the Falcons list 17 inactives.

Many Falcons fan want the GM fired because of all the high picks turned busts, heck man, two of Thomas Dimitoff's 1st round picks have retired and not due to injury! Guess they got sick of being a Falcon. And yeah when ya look at the Falcons roster it's a literal no-name team other than a handful of guys. But too this might be the norm cause there be 32 teams and people who can keep up with everything in the NFL amaze me.

This no-name team can still make the playoffs but nah,...in the playoffs a team's weaknesses are magnified and it'd just be a waste of a higher draft pick so Dimitroff can screw up again.Lol

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/b...3-4408887f1277

Not to be hopelessly optimistic but Minnesota and all the teams trying to get there all have at least one tough, crunch game left. It's just a matter of which teams come through. According to my stat source, http://www.pro-football-reference.co...1512270atl.htm says the Pansies have a near 70% chance of winning and a 7-point spread. The week when you played San Francisco it was Atlanta similarly favored against the 9rs, and, lo and behold, S/F still found a way to win. Falcons will just have to go thru the same come-from-behind-the-odds that some other team has already proved up to and at least you have a shot at the postseason. That's good!

If not, these no-class Jet fans, we'll see what happens to them. I hate to admit it but they did do pretty well going into their first W/C berth. I think they had to win three straight road games incl. the last scheduled game, to make it to the A.F.C. championship and they did it in 2009 I think. Since then they've leveled off to another winning season, followed by two losing seasons and two 8-8's.

I've been pushing for the Falcons ever since then, 2009 they went to Jersey and beat the Jets but good, and I think Redman was still QB back then! Falcons ended with the same 9-7 record, BTW.

Head Coach Material
    Well,...you exhibit class by giving those Jets some praise. Very nice and it's that time of season when we love our neighbors. I'll give you that but even still my neighbors,...ummm,...dunno if they deserve it but your kindness is noted sir. ahem,...as far as I'm concerned Charlotte, NC can fall off into the Atlantic, minus the people of course. But Charlotte is second to only New York State with regard to this nation's economy. Money talks don't it bro?

That year the Falcons did win in NJ,...13-10 and it was one of Matt Ryan's worst games. If not sure I think the Falcons blew out the Bills later.

Probably was due to inclement weather and lingering injury if I recall correctly. Went to the Whole Foods supermarket today and I saw a lady wearing a Falcons cap walking around the take-away dinner section. It's black with a red Falcon or red-outline I think, and a short sort series red stripes on the sides. Pretty cool.

A P/O Race Truly for the Birds

Wild Card weekend is on the horizon. With the Eagles completely out of contention, who will get to play? In a surprise move, the Rams knocked their divisional rival back one notch yesterday and their next game will be against the indomitable Cardinals. If this is another divisional game, will they make like Belli-cheat and let the Squawks win?

If not it looks like Falcons could be in a tiebreak scenario.