• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A
    NFLfans processing...

Thread: Eliminated!

Eliminated!

Coaches come and go, and so do players but one thing remains constant

Miami's irrelevance!

I dare you to name me the last time Miami won a playoff game... both Miami and Buffalo among the most irrelevant teams of the last two decades. I laugh when.people try to paimt the Jets in the same light. In the same span of time the Jets have won playoff 7 playoff games.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

Quote Originally Posted by slikmojet View Post
    Miami's irrelevance!

I dare you to name me the last time Miami won a playoff game... both Miami and Buffalo among the most irrelevant teams of the last two decades. I laugh when.people try to paimt the Jets in the same light..
    No surprise there. This is 2015, two decades ago it was 1995. From http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/ we can easily see that between '95-9 The Bills were in the P/O's 4 times, with a 10-6 regular season record 3 times and an 11-5 in '99. Of the previous 7 years they won the division 6 times and had 4 S/B appearances. That's a total of 10 relevancies going back to '88, in the same period of time the Jets were only relevant 8 times. If the Bills aren't more relevant than the Jets why did your coach leave?

Dolphins from 1988 also had 10 playoff runs, so either and both teams are historically more relevant than Jets. The further back in history the more you see the Dolphins. Nice try bro, and Fins made a playoff last in 2008.

Jets playoff appearances since 95:

since Parcells took over as coach in 97, the Jets have only had five losing season. That's fourteen out of nineteen years they have not had losing seasons. I count 8-8 as a non losing season. You add up the numbers.

Fins and Jets are about even with them pulling a bit ahead lately, no big deal. The Fins it might be remembered, had season-ending injuries at QB in the past and this vey season lost Louis Delmas, Cam Wake and Rishard Matthews, to say nothing of our H/C and O/C.

But yes, the Jets are coming up from the dregs in appearances and overall franchise net worth.

So next let's look at Silk's seasonal record since '97 compared to AFC East opponents. If you count 8-8 as a tie, then the Jets are only 0-2-2 over the last four years, not counting this season since it is still not for sure. And Jets had two winning seasons right after Rex took over, so that's 2-2-2 after the E.M. era.

Under E/M they are 2-1-0. Under H.E. 3-2-0 and back up four more years 3-0-1 to 1997. The overall trend here actually is that the Jets have been getting progressively worse, and this season bucks the trend.

Since '97 Bills are 4-12-2, Dolphins 9-7-2, meanwhile Pats 16-1-1.

Head Coach Material
    Very nice parry here. I'm no fan of a team from the AFC East although favoring the Phins and Bills. And I'm not privy being a fan of a Super Bowl Champ like ya'll. So whatever I say from now on doesn't mean jack stuff. This is the reason we love football maybe,...we can talk stuff and it's always around the holidays and all that.

I'm in a habit this month telling everyone, even those I don't like,...I LOVE YOU. And yeah I tell that to MEN! Damn ya'll w/o feelings. And remember this,...w/o opponents what the crap do you have to compete against? That's why I despise the Patriots,...well,...and too they fans but this franchise has changed the game in a bad way, creating a top tier for several franchises that can't be overturned,...did that make sense? Although the Jets garner media attention,...the Jets may as well play in the NFC South,...think bout that boys.

Please.man, please! Miami's been in.the playoff once since 98... that's almost 20.years... holy crap Miami sucks!!!

And in 08 it was a quick out against the Ravens. The Jets actually go to the Playoffs and win games. When's the last time Miami won a playoff game? No we are not the same, not even close. Miami is on par with the Bills and Raiders, Detroit... thkwe kinds of teams.

Quote Originally Posted by slikmojet View Post
    Please.man, please! Miami's been out of the playoff once since 98... that's almost 20 years... holy crap Miami sucks. And in 08 it was a quick out against the Ravens. The Jets actually go to the Playoffs and win games. When's the last time Miami won a playoff game? No we are not about the same, not even close. Miami is on par with the Bills and Raiders, Detroit...those kinds of teams.

Only a Jet fan would make no-class statements like those.