Thread: Bye week,...3 games to watch close

Head Coach Material

Bye week,...3 games to watch close

There's three games Sunday which will determine the fate of the Falcons and so the other teams in the NFC South. btw,...the Falcons bye week is a 2 point favorite Sunday. That's a prediction Vegas will not trust the Falcons again, like having them 7 point faves last Sunday.

Here they are,...Cowboys at Tampa. If no one else will admit it, the Boys would've fared no better with Romo at QB. People underestimate the football theory, that there "any given Sunday" BUT some teams run into buzz saws every week and there's many facets and explanations of this,...just google. The Falcons beat the Boys at home, the Bucs can win at home. Truth be known, the Bucs are set schedule-wise,...ya know like destiny in they own hands stuff, and with a win Sunday could take over the second spot in the division, even over the Falcons and Saints eventually. I say that feeling the Falcons will crash.

The Panthers? All they have to do is cruise and we all know how fast things can fall apart. Like the Chiefs that started out 8-0 or maybe 6-0 or something and lost out in December and did make the playoffs but were damaged in a way causing a quicl exit. The Panthers should crush the Titans,...the Falcons barely beat this team in Nashville while the Tits beat the Saints last week,...in Nawlins. Should the Titans recognise they'll have a rough game? why hell yeah. Do they realise how important a win at home against ANY undefeated team is? Any fool wouldn't bet on the Titans even with the spread. Ah but the gambler could take a chance on that just happnin'. The Panthers are smug, especially beating the Pack at home. During that game I said that might be a rehearsal for the next NFCCG. And in that game in Green Bay? hahaha Repeating myself here,...ya lose in the Super Bowl and there's no worse loss. Ya lose in the conference championship game and that is the second hardest loss. What could've been type stuff.

The Saints in Washington to me is a fascinating matchup. And here's the Saints chance to play in cold weather, outdoors. Never ever,...ya'll believe me,...never underestimate Sean Payton to come up with an offensive game plan that confounds opponents. I expect Payton to run the ball early and if that don't work it'll be alllllllll Brees. Problem is the Saints defense is holy, or should I say unholy. Time of possession will be critical in this game.

So we'll sit back, we Crows fans, and listen to our team be called frauds, lucky and all that and watch lots of NFLREDZONE and enjoy~

Well, bye weeks are what they is. Were it me, I'd sure watch the Iggy - Fins game. Now onto stat facts. Based on that Simple Rating System the most powerful and the weakest divisions are the AFC East and the AfC South.

This is easily figured by adding up the SRS's of each team in each division. Indiana, Jacks, Tennessee and Texas are all losing-strength teams this year. Their total SRS is a 22.5 with Indie representing the class of the division. Andrew Luck is out for a while. Their best player is T.Y. Hilton, a F.I.U. (Florida International Univ.) grad out of Miami Springs H.S. I'm an alumni there, and actually saw him play his last year, at the last game played in the Orange Bowl stadium before they bulldozed it. He was taken in the third round I think, and is on pace for a 1400 yard season. He's a fly guy who's 5' 8". Here's his player page- Check out some of the vid http://www.nfl.com/player/t.y.hilton/2532865/profile and Yule wonder how he gets so open. That's who the Fins should've drafted instead of the infamous Jonathan Martin or T.E. Michael Egnew, neither of whom remain in the N.F.L. But NooOOO000000 the Fins can't pick anybody from their own city.

By all accounts Fins are standing in a better position to draft L.S.U. running back Leonard Fournette than Atlanta currently is. The guy had a bad game against Alabama but he was bowling over all the Florida players. There's nobody who could stop him in a single tackle, it literally takes a team of guys to bring him down.
    Last edited by Gundermerikan; 11-12-2015 at 10:49 PM.

Head Coach Material
    Man, you're already into next year's draft and you are,...very learned. Hilton! I forgot about him. The thing about him is his average per catch. One year he averaged only 13 yds per game, but the rest of his CAREER catches have been around 15 to 18 yards and that's amazing. Against the Saints his average was over 30 yards a reception in that game.

And please,...I could list a long list of names the Falcons drafted with all those 1st round picks after chronically losing perennially but see, the Phins have a rich history.

And as for Alabama,...I wish the Falcons had their O-line and their D-line.

There are actually more than three games of interest to Falcons fans if they want to make the playoffs. If not mistaken, all the games Penumbra cites involve teams in their own division. Due to rivalry, yeah, they're of interest but inconsequential, them all, due to they aren't really playoff-caliber teams. The Bucs are 3-5, come on man. And Pansies are set at 8-0, nothing the Tits can do Sunday will change their standing.

That leaves only Saints at Skins. The other two games which will impact the Falcons playoff hopes are first the Pats at Giants. This is because Atlanta is in the hunt for a WC spot against them. The Giants are seeded No. 4 or two spots ahead. For some unknown reason Atlanta is placed at No. 6 by http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ so that puts them on the hot seat, you know? Seed No. 5 is Minnie although they lead a division tie with G.B.

The Pack is seed No. 2 and should stay that way as the Lions are the visiting team, and not of any interest. Vikings on the other hand are suppose to play at Oakland, where the Raiders are moderately favored. If things play out to plan the Vikings lose and you take their seed, it's a whole lot better than being No. 6.

Now the Giants might be your team to finally get rid of the Patriots win streak. If not mistaken Eli Manning has done pretty well of late against those folks. Let's take a look.

Staged at the new MetLife Stadium, it will be a clear and temperate evening: perfect for Manning aerials. The Giants have sent the Pats home packing with three straight W's even though the last two were played in Foxboro. The one before that was the 2008 Super Bowl. Earlier in the season NWE did win though, off of a Manning interception late in the 4th Q to give the Pats two consecutive scoring drives.

This will be their next game together at MetLife, and Manning will remember his fate. If this is a Giants win it will just solidify their division lead, but if the Pats and Eagles both win (which I think,) then Giants are back in the punch bowl for a W/C slot and will pose a greater challenge than, say the Bucs.

Head Coach Material
    Appears the Vikings and Packers will be in the playoffs causing one WC slot left. I wrote this,..."The Falcons beat the Boys at home, the Bucs can win at home. Truth be known, the Bucs are set schedule-wise,...ya know like destiny in they own hands stuff, and with a win Sunday could take over the second spot in the division, even over the Falcons and Saints eventually. I say that feeling the Falcons will crash."

The Saints have crashed, no doubt. I see no team from the NFC East making a WC playoff run unless any of them shoot the Moon. But note what I said,...personally I think the Falcons will crash going into next week, being 0-2 in the division doesn't help. Having to face the Panthers twice in December is just wunnerful and hosting the Bucs and Saints,...FOUR division games the rest of this season. Before those division games the Falcons face the Colts and the Vikings. Guess ya could say the Falcons determine they own destiny but my point is it ain't likely they determine those games as mostly wins.

A loss at home to the Colts next Sunday will verify my thinking the Falcons are spiraling,...and they won't be going up. Truthfully I don't know about this Falcons team,...about anything EXCEPT they possess the worst O-line in the league.

Nice win for the Phins,...ugly but a win is a win.

I think big-play ability rightly distinguishes the Falcon Offense from any other. If the O/L is not part of the big-play paradigm and gets overlooked, what is that to you? Falcons will be 7-3 because they'll easily beat the Colts of the worst division in the N.F.L. Besides, I don't even agree about that either.

If the line was the worst in the NFL the Falcon's wouldn't have above average rushing rankings and Ice has only been sacked 17 X so far.