Thread: uh oh,...Mariota won't play

Head Coach Material

uh oh,...Mariota won't play

I'm tellin ya'll Mettenburger is not a bad QB. I could think of teams like the Bills, Jaguars, or Raiders that MettenBURGER would be a starter. I wish the Falcons had a QB like him backing up Matt Ryan.

Someone, a Dolphins fan, said their game with the Texans is a trap game. I see this game Sunday in Nashville as a serious trap game and it won't be the Titans falling in the damp trap.

The Tits, ahem sorry, the Titans have a good run game and MettenBURGER is hungry. By default Mariota was the starter but this backup is no ordinary backup I'm,...I AM TELLING ya'll. With the threat of the run most capable QBs will take advantage of that.

Okay enough alarm bells but I'm tellin ya this won't be no easy win in Nashville and of course as a Falcons fan,...5-2 ain't that bad anyways.

http://nflfans.com/x/showthread.php?...-wants-to-play

Edit: For reasons that's nunya biz. Whisenhunt,....remember he was a Falcon,...he was the H-Back, a blocking back in the offense Joe Gibbs created a long time ago. The Falcons Dan Henning brought that offense to Atlanta in the late '80's. Something Whiz said about the Falcons offense,..."we expect them to operate the defense." That's what he said as I read it on Titans.com, talking about the Falcons offense. What the hell does that mean? Operate, like, the Falcons O will operate the Titans D? I dunno. Ohhhhhhhhh,...it must be,...
    Last edited by Penumbra; 10-23-2015 at 11:45 PM.

Still you got to wonder how Mutton-burger feels about sideline duty so far. we'll soon see, he probably hasn't been very happy with the idea, and wants even less to be relegated to the role in the near future. Yep should be a good one, as I say their the No. 1 pass D and just got taken to school by R/T and Laser last week. Falcons' D has opposite tendencies to the Titans, the former having the No. 1 rush defense. Atlanta is NFL's No. 4 offense, at the NFL's No. 4 defense.

Head Coach Material
    Exactly,...trap game all to be darned. I peruse many boards, can't get any Falcons fans to post here cause they're,...ummm, klannish if you will. They tend to congregate in a flock so to speak and avoid forums like this. Must make them feel safer from the predators around the NFL tribe. I ain't scared of trolls here, all alone.

hahaha Northwestern just went up over Nebraska middle of the 3rd qtr.,...with Nebraska wearing gang/thug color uniforms. They deserve to lose wearing that bullshit. Tradition is being changed a step at a time.

Anyways,...you are right on about Mettenburger. Many knowledgeable Falcons fans, which are few, and including myself thinks the Titans didn't need to draft Mariota. If given time it's a promise Mettenburger will find open receivers like with any capable NFL QB. And this guy has experience albeit not successful playing around an awful offense last season. You pointed out sideline duty and that's a great observation cause as we apparently agree the guy is hungry.

I'm looking for another ugly game similar to the game with the Skins, maybe 24-20 and guess what? There's a good chance it'll be raining a little tomorrow.