Thread: Gotcha TEXANS!

Head Coach Material

Gotcha TEXANS!

It's so hard to keep informed with 32 NFL teams much less college football, some people amaze and invoke envy of their knowledge of things. It takes luck for my dumbass to find something salient to post and this time maybe it's worth mentioning.

Checking overall stats after 3 games you know, to get a feel of how the Texans may play Sunday, it's a homey type reaction to suggest an almost certain Falcons win. But there was one thing that was curious about the Texans offense. They've had 42 drives in 3 games. Only the Steelers and Ravens have more, 45 and 46 but that's after last night's game,...their 4th game.

The Texans have scored on those drives 26.2% of the time with 247 plays.

The Falcons have 34 drives, 215 plays scoring 47.1% of those drives. The percentage a Falcons drive ending with a turnover is, after 3 games 5.9%.

The Texans drives ending with an offensive turnover is 9.5%.

That's after 3 games but other than the obvious it seemed reason to warn the big talkin dirty bouuds peeps.

To have that many drives means they defense has had some 3 and outs out the bahooty. To have that poor a scoring % means the offense is struggling. Maybe the big time runner plays in Atlanta. We don't need playing teams w/o they stars making wins appear cheap.

I like that, kind of an original analysis, it makes me want to dig deeper into the nature of those games. Butt first as they say in the news biz, I got to go do one for Fins-Jets, not for here.
    <timeout>

<time resumes>Their home opener against the Chiefs was hugely disappointing as their opponents scored on 6 of their first seven possessions. At kickoff they were slight favorites but their chance of winning the game was at zero by the middle of the second quarter and they tried but never got back up, save meaningless points. At Carolina they weren't quite that much of a pushover and started the game and second half strong, with early scores. They also led a late comeback effort, something at least that we Fins hope to occur in London (after having a dismal home opening.)

The TX's were chances of winning cooked by Carolinians the start of the 4th QTR, but they're a good team. Against the Bucs they were solid and won.

This is another one of the defining moments for the Falcons: will they impose 0-chance-of-winning against the Texans, or let them bend but not break their winning streak at home?

To help answer this, I turn back to the methodology from SRS values at http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/htx/2015.htm - notice the Taxman's S.R.S. is at a lowly -10.6, where deficiency is solely on the offense. Who is their QB?

A - Ryan Mallet, once backup to but not heir apparent to Chad Henne at Michigan U, and who spend the better part of his early NFL years toting clipboards in New England for Tom. His arm strength was never in question at M and he survived Patriot training, so don't count him easily out. Not a scrambler.

Too see what else they have not on offer offensively, a suspicious stat is their yards per pass, the second-lowest range in the NFL. Tethered on a tight leash, Mallet tossing slants along the inside seams, how do you think that will play out for Quinn & Co. on Falcons field? They employ a spread offense, like the Fins.
    Last edited by Gundermerikan; 10-03-2015 at 09:24 PM.

Head Coach Material
    Yes profootball.com is pretty awesome. They put graphs and stuff out there and they are amazing.

Carolina rushed for 170+ yards, or was it 150+? That's what the Falcons will need to win tomorrow.

Enjoy the early game in la maniana,...don't ya know players changing their sleep habits could be grouchy.

Of course because there are no falcon fans in the n f l...............no media figure from the bottom to the top likes Atlanta. What other 3-0 team is NOT getting reported about, it is a joke at the bias of coverage with some teams! Some are 0-3 and 1-2 and get more coverage than Atlanta.

I'll be on the road this weekend but I will record it as usual for visual evidence of the ridiculous calls, I've watched more football this year, to study other teams just a bit and there is no doubt in my mind these officials can and do influence the outcome of some games. And we Falcon fans had that female zebra on the sideline against dallas, Freeman was tackled by the facemask right in front of her. NO LIE it's on tape, she is watching Freeman be tackled.......sorry, dragged to the ground by his facemask as she runs towards them waving her arms to stop the clock. She would not even look at Freeman as he looked at her twice tugging on his mask! Almost to tell her dumbass that is a foul clit eastwood and a flag needs to have been thrown!
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Head Coach Material
    am alaughing my ass off here. ahem,...please enjoy your vacation sir. It's well deserved.

Today's game was filled with flaggings. The Texans defensive secondary are a bunch of thugs expecting, apparently, to not be flagged for shoving a receiver's facemask. Maybe they were getting away from it the last 3 games I dunno.

lol clit eastwood didn't throw a flag and was told not to. Let's ease this new thing and not bring attention. I know women whom are seriously biased and would use her flag to help her team swear to gawd would not tell you no lie. The Falcons beat the Cowboys and the refs last week no doubt.

As I said the Texans offense has problems. They changed QBs after 2.5 qtrs. The team with the better QB won the game. Ryan was superb.

Quote Originally Posted by Penumbra View Post
    Yes profootball.com is pretty awesome. They put graphs and stuff out there and they are amazing. Carolina rushed for 170+ yards, or was it 150+? That's what the Falcons will need to win tomorrow.
    Against the Bucs they had 33 rushes for 133 yards, 4.03 per carry. The Falcons did little better, actually. In the Saints game Carolina only did about 119 yards, though.
    Last edited by Gundermerikan; 10-07-2015 at 05:32 PM.

Head Coach Material
    Sunday the #2 rushing offense in the league visits Atlanta. Something like 135 yards a game.