Thread: Pimps and jail bait

Head Coach Material

Pimps and jail bait

The Atlanta Falcons are a team in transition. We know in today's NFL that means nothing to do with wins and losses,...you know, how teams do well after a coaching change for the last decade. Plus given the hyperactive front office at Flowery Branch things could change before Monday Night's opening game.

Here's the numbers which, if not exact, shows just how much the Falcons have changed since last February.

There are 31 new players on the final roster. Seven of those players are green rookies on the roster. The Falcons have 5 guys with 10 or more years experience, the pimps. Of the active roster so far there's 25 players with 5 or more years experience meaning there's 27 others whom are babies, or youngsters NFL-wise.

13 projected starters have less than 5 years experience,...oh yeah. Quinn was forced to keep lots of players with 1, 2, 3 years in the league,...unproven and unknown guys. And he'll be forced to play rookies, as many as FOUR rookies during the game on defense.

It was easy after the draft to see this team would field a bunch of kids, as was posted here last May,...by me. It's fun to state the obvious because most fans aren't paying attention to the small details consumed with deflate and now spy. Screw the patriots.

Later we'll look back at Falcons/iggles games that made NFL history. In that tone I promise the pregame and the game itself next Monday night will be entertaining.

Hey,...didn't Mike Vick play in philly? Now he's still in Pennsylvania where he belongs.

So where are the, you know?

Head Coach Material
    I'm kind of slow man, apology. The you know about the history making between the iggles and Falcons?

First-Year Coach Records

The record of transition teams would be interesting, let's see. The Fins have held that mantle once in a while too. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/mia/ I will expunge coaches having only one season with no follow-up year to compare with.

• Philbin's first season is 7-9, not real terrible compered to subsequent years 16-16.
    • Sparano's fist season 11-5 actually looks better on the chart than his subsequent 18-27.
    • Say St. Nick, his first 9-7 year was immensely better than the next at 6-10.

Head Coach Material
    Ah yes, my bad and you are right on with that man. Transition teams do trend that way. As posted the last two Falcons coaches as rookies enjoyed 11-5 seasons and did okay later but had no staying power if you will.

EDIT! Again my bad,...forgot about Petrino but Jim Mora JUNIOR and Mike Smith fit this criteria. 2007 never existed for Falcons fans with the Petrino pig squealing as in,...Deliverance.
    Last edited by Penumbra; 09-11-2015 at 01:23 AM.

Yeah Pete a rhino, like Cam Cameroon, had no follow up season to compare to. Good luck to Quinn on the Falcons then.

BTW Jets' coach had already been a H.C. somewhere else before, right?

Head Coach Material
    Thank you! We'll see how "cool" Quinn is after Monday night.