Thread: Ya'll c'mon down

Head Coach Material

Ya'll c'mon down

It's early but hey,...now the games count.

Ya'll could fly down early, stay at the luxury facility in Flowery Branch, eat the finest food swallowable,...and there are some strip clubs close by if some of the guys enjoy it. Remember, hire a driver when drinking.

There are inside fields, a handful of outside fields,...grass so neat like a putting green. Why not be a guest and it makes sense logistically and economically, similar to joint practices in preseason. It ain't gonna happen but anyway welcome to Atlanta!

We've seen Chipper Kelly survive the ridiculous accusations from former iggles players and he deserves respect for not shooting back. Just me but Kelly has some kind of way doing things and it normally goes against 31 ways of doing things, if that made sense. After time film reveals tendencies so maybe the Falcons have some edge there(yeah I'm reaching here).

Nobody knows what to expect from the Falcons come that Monday Night matchup, not even Falcons fans who normally get inside info and all that crap.

The weather should be marvelous for tail gatting,...or sitting at the bar.

Head Coach Material
    Again,...after all this spamming which is apparently allowed on this site, I wish to return to tomorrow night's game.

The energy is building for this game and maybe it'll be one to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Penumbra View Post
    Again,...after all this spamming which is apparently allowed on this site, I wish to return to tomorrow night's game.

The energy is building for this game and maybe it'll be one to talk about.
    Since there are no Philly fans responding, allow me to fill in. I think team-wise, Eagles probably have an edge. QB-wise, the Falcons have the better man. From the Devil you know is better than the Devil you don't dept., give the element of surprise to the new coach in the first game of the season over a, the better known coach/system. With home field advantages, we would seem to favor the Falcons, though the Eagles have the intangibles.

For starters, there's the wealth effect. According to recent issue in Fortune, Philadelphia is one of the top-most wealthy teams in the NFL. The collection of NFC East teams are like a wealth dynasty. The Cowboys are the No. 1 team with a 3.2 billion valuation and the Redskins hit the No. 3 slot at $2.4B. Merely the difference between the No. 3 and No. 1 about equals the total wealth of the Dolphins or most of the bottom 16 franchises. Philadelphia is the weak sister of the bunch, with a valuation of "only" 1.8B -- they're 50% richer than either the Fins or Falcons. Oh yeah, and the Giants are at No. 4.

Second, the Eagles are an old-line, established team with a huge sports-media following -- it's part of why they're so wealthy, but I think it adds grease to the outcome of close games. If this is a game like that, Eagles might more likely pull out a W.

Finally, the Eagles are a more tried and true working-class team with industrial strength. A lot of these Atlanta fans are new-money types, they run on more of a fiscal economy i.e. their R/E valuations or growth investments. We'll see if these intangible factors about their fan followings have any real clout, or if it's just a bit of overdone mystique.

And yes, I don't know enough about either team to write up a pre-game analysis.
    Last edited by Gundermerikan; 09-14-2015 at 09:54 PM.

Head Coach Material
    You did wonderful. It was a great game.;)