Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pumped for new season?

Pumped for new season?

I could foreshadow a 7 or 8 win team but it basically all depends on GENO, PLEASE BE CONSISTENT. A good read that i found here, Jets season preview, worth a read: 2015-2016 New York Jets Season Preview

This division will be the toughest in the league, no doubt, and barring any major injuries, we don't have a below .500 team in our division, and all four could be SB contenders. Our Defense should be able to keep us in every game, and we have made some big improvements on Offense, so a lot does come down to Geno. Hopefully we won't need him to be the hero very often and win the game for us, just make smart decisions and not lose it for us. And I think we can be a 9-7 to 10-6 team.

yes I am pumped foe the new season. We have a very talented team as a whole, and we have some exciting acquisitions in key, previously weak spots. So yeah, I'm excited. OBVIOUSLY, as both posts have already said, and as everyone who will ever speculate on the Jets chances in 2015 will say, it's all going to boil down to the QB position. If the QB plays real poor, we are looking at 2016 draft slots and sizing up the QB field. if the QB plays solid, middle of the league (which equates to SIGNIFICANT improvement by the way) then this team is in the hunt for the playoffs. And hey, why not!!!!!! If Geno can really step up to match his pure, phsyical skill set, this team could go all the way.

Geno was CONSIDERED as a potential #1 overall pick for a brief period. you don't even get that ever without a pretty serious physical skill set. His rawness and lack of NFL readiness dropped him to a 2nd rounder. But he was a very highly SKILLED 2nd rounder who was very raw. Then he came here to play at the highest professional level in a NOT offensive friendly enviroment, and on top of that, with horribly weak skill players to help him. So yeah, I can come up with PLENTY of reasons to at least BELIEVE that Geno Smith can take big strides in 2015. He has legitmate, experienced offensive leadership running his offense, and he has been handed very legit skill players this time around. It's all on Geno to step up or step out.

Am I saying I am optimistic Geno WILL step up. No, not really, "cautiously optimistic" is the very best i can say. But with QBs, nobody knows when OR WHY the light bulb clicks on, or for that matter when or why it NEVER clicks on. The skill set is there. We know he was raw, we knew, AND SAID SO!!!!!! that it should take a few years for him, so there IS reason to believe he steps up here.

I am pumped for this season and it all comes down to Geno with regard to how far this team can really go. If we were looking at Fitz and Vick, I would NOT be pumped. But we are going to play a QB who still does have honest POTENTIAL to step up, so I am still pumped heading into the season.

Team Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    yes I am pumped foe the new season. We have a very talented team as a whole, and we have some exciting acquisitions in key, previously weak spots. So yeah, I'm excited. OBVIOUSLY, as both posts have already said, and as everyone who will ever speculate on the Jets chances in 2015 will say, it's all going to boil down to the QB position. If the QB plays real poor, we are looking at 2016 draft slots and sizing up the QB field. if the QB plays solid, middle of the league (which equates to SIGNIFICANT improvement by the way) then this team is in the hunt for the playoffs. And hey, why not!!!!!! If Geno can really step up to match his pure, phsyical skill set, this team could go all the way.

Geno was CONSIDERED as a potential #1 overall pick for a brief period. you don't even get that ever without a pretty serious physical skill set. His rawness and lack of NFL readiness dropped him to a 2nd rounder. But he was a very highly SKILLED 2nd rounder who was very raw. Then he came here to play at the highest professional level in a NOT offensive friendly enviroment, and on top of that, with horribly weak skill players to help him. So yeah, I can come up with PLENTY of reasons to at least BELIEVE that Geno Smith can take big strides in 2015. He has legitmate, experienced offensive leadership running his offense, and he has been handed very legit skill players this time around. It's all on Geno to step up or step out.

Am I saying I am optimistic Geno WILL step up. No, not really, "cautiously optimistic" is the very best i can say. But with QBs, nobody knows when OR WHY the light bulb clicks on, or for that matter when or why it NEVER clicks on. The skill set is there. We know he was raw, we knew, AND SAID SO!!!!!! that it should take a few years for him, so there IS reason to believe he steps up here.

I am pumped for this season and it all comes down to Geno with regard to how far this team can really go. If we were looking at Fitz and Vick, I would NOT be pumped. But we are going to play a QB who still does have honest POTENTIAL to step up, so I am still pumped heading into the season.
    I think Geno will improve. But it still won't be to an acceptable level for the fans or media. If he is going to be the answer at QB he won't actually answer that question of can he be the guy until year 4 imo. So that means he will need to hold off competition for this year (easy) and progress enough to then also hold off competition NEXT year which could be much more difficult depending on what moves are in store for 2016 FA/Draft.
    J-E-T-S! It's not exactly a passion, it's generally more of a sickness.

FACT: The New York Jets will never win a Super Bowl with Woody Johnson as the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by NFLs StepChild View Post
    I think Geno will improve. But it still won't be to an acceptable level for the fans or media.
    That's how I see it Steppie & I would offer as proof the booing at the G&W practice.

In the eyes of the vultures in the media & the fans who will not give him a realistic chance he will be held to an impossible standard.

Team Owner
    Look so long as they are entertained, who cares? Breaking in another rookie next season is going to be entertaining as hell.

FACT: The New York Jets will never win a Super Bowl with Woody Johnson as the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by usmnt45 View Post
    I could foreshadow a 7 or 8 win team but it basically all depends on GENO, PLEASE BE CONSISTENT. A good read that i found here, Jets season preview, worth a read: 2015-2016 New York Jets Season Preview
    Dude, isn't this the second time you have referenced that link? When a newbie comes in doing that my red flag goes up. If you want to plug a site that you have, just be honest with us and tell us. You'll find we like to support fellow Jet fans in their ventures. But I am getting the feeling you are leaving these generic type posts with the link to see how much traffic you can wean from this site.

If I am wrong I apologize...

Lets give him a chance to explain MSG... like you said we don't mind, but you gotta come through the front door here.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

Team Owner
    Lol. Didn't even notice that. Good catch MSG. Read right over the link. If he was upfront and just asked us to support him, I'd gladly click it.

Quote Originally Posted by NFLs StepChild View Post
    Lol. Didn't even notice that. Good catch MSG. Read right over the link. If he was upfront and just asked us to support him, I'd gladly click it.
    I could very well be mistaken which is why I am asking...it just seemed odd because I am pretty sure I saw that link once before.