Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 59 of 59

Thread: Can the GOP drop the extreme right and survive in this political climate?

  1. #51
    Jets Moderator ret2ski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Palm Coast, Fl.
    Posts
    35,952
    [QUOTE=bitonti;482765]The legal immigrant often has illegal family members. They are all together. Often in the same house. These voters who the GOP aren't reaching don't want to hear that "hey you're OK but your father has to go back over the wall."

    this border security talk in general... nothing says we value the legal Mexican immigrant like Rick Perry (and Sean Hannity) behind the turret of a gunboat on the Rio Grande. Who the heck is he going to shoot anyway?





    Only with guys like you & your ilk who want to enslave those folks for personal gain. Votes for example.

  2. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by ret2ski View Post
    Only with guys like you & your ilk who want to enslave those folks for personal gain. Votes for example.
    people really love being told they are dummies who only vote a certain way because of hand outs. They also love the casual use of the word "enslave."

    Keep it up this is all really great stuff.

  3. #53
    Jets Moderator ret2ski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Palm Coast, Fl.
    Posts
    35,952
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    people really love being told they are dummies who only vote a certain way because of hand outs. They also love the casual use of the word "enslave."

    Keep it up this is all really great stuff.
    Great stuff indeed & I don't need your permission to keep it up.

    Black ministers are starting to catch on. It's not just us honkies.

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Now sure everyone loves Italians and Irish immigrants. But there was a time not too long ago, we were viewed as "The other" and certain nativist political groups did not want more of them in the country. They were seen as taking good American jobs. Sound familiar?

    There even was a time in New Orleans where Italian immigrants were lynched.

    it was 1891 and the largest lynching in American history.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Hennessy

    Step you had a wide ranging response but what you didn't offer was a pathway to citizenship or any kind of immigration reform. The GOP controls congress right now they could make an immigration bill and it could be fair. but instead the GOP demonizes these new arrivals. Clowns like Trump call them rapists and criminals. Romney told them to self-deport!

    This is why you guys aren't winning jack squat. You can't win an election without brown and black. And why would anyone who fits those descriptions vote for a candidate who wants them to self-deport?
    We won't win jack squat...yet u use the fact that we control both houses as your excuse. So which is it jackass? The only race your side CAN win seems to be the White House. Comgress is republican. State and locals are going more and more republican. But keep convincing yourself that stuffing ballot boxes in urban areas makes you the party the majority agrees with.

  5. #55
    Team Owner
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Westchester County, NY
    Posts
    11,528
    That may be the case for this generation of incoming immigrants. But as they assimilate and their kids become part of our society and find success, what then? You think they are going to stay loyal to your cause simply because they are "Brown"? That's not giving them any credit. They want to find success and provide a better opportunity to their kids. What you are hoping to gain here is that you can keep them as an underclass and offer the same protections to them that you give to African Americans to keep them dependent and subservient. You keep being "nice" to the "Black and Brown". They will wise up eventually - IF - we can show them there is indeed a place for them in our party lines. To me that will take rebranding and some distancing from the hard line tactics we needed to take to appease our constituents. But they are going to get it as they find more opportunity to create their own place. We won't look to offer them relief from their very real problems, but we can be the only ones to offer them the chance to dig themselves out from under them on their own terms. I also don't think it will work out for you long term there with the "brown" either. Our neighbors to the south have a ton if experience dealing with self serving assholes governing them and are long on values. In the end there will eventually be a split across all demographics. When that happens your methods fail. The job of the GOP is now to adapt and help facilitate that split.

    We do have a problem. Problem"s" actually. But it's not the ones you think we do. But at least we can recognize our deficiencies. Can you say the same?

    Ps: Nice pic btw, what was the relevance of it to the topic at hand though? Did you smarmily scoff when you posted it? Cute deflection.
    Last edited by NFLs StepChild; 07-14-2015 at 01:57 AM.
    J-E-T-S! It's not exactly a passion, it's generally more of a sickness.

    FACT: The New York Jets will never win a Super Bowl with Woody Johnson as the owner.

  6. #56
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Farmington Mn
    Posts
    5,618
    If the Republicans got rid of the war mongers like McCain and others. I would be extremely happy! One other thing get the Europeans, Asians, the Saudis pay the cost of US guarding them.

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    1.8% sounds small but it's actually a huge loss. It's millions of votes.

    the GOP has two choices it can either come to grips with the fact that the country isn't as white as it used to be (and every year that goes on it keeps getting less white) or it can just keep f--king that chicken and hope more white people magically appear. it's 2015 now the 2012 Romney numbers don't help. They will be even less helpful in 2016.

    the Southern strategy has reached it logical conclusion, and I'm thrilled to see it happen.

    we live in a Democracy and it runs on votes. The GOP would rather be ideological than win elections.

    I don't even know why I'm trying to explain this to you guys. It's in my best interest for you to keep believing the right candidate will just make all the whites vote and all the brown and black people stay home.
    So you don't deny you altered the article before posting it....

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLs StepChild View Post
    I like Rand, but the party will need to support him 100%. Will they?
    No. He's not part of the Establishment and his ideas of massively cutting government would be anathema to the elite parasites living off the government trough.

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLs StepChild View Post
    Nice pic btw, what was the relevance of it to the topic at hand though? Did you smarmily scoff when you posted it? Cute deflection.
    Rick Perry is a GOP candidate for President. This is a thread about winning the office of President, is it not?

    It's telling that I had to show up after page 5 to tell you guys it's the diverse electorate. You ding dongs are still trying to get out more white voters. There aren't enough.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO