Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: #LoveWins

#LoveWins

Fr. Jonathan Morris tweeted about a beautiful exchange he had this weekend with two sainted members of the #LoveWins community:

Fr. Jonathan Morris ✔@fatherjonathan

Walking down Broadway and 22nd St just now, I ran into gay marriage parade. Two men walked by and spat on me. Oh well... I deserve worse.
    ==

And then we have this wonderful example of #LoveWins for a black man wearing an 'Ask Me About Jesus' tee-shirt:

Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 06-29-2015 at 07:01 AM.

Where does this definition of 'love' end?

How many new lawsuits will be opened in the name of this new definition? How many legal battles have just been given precedent (even though, as we have seen, that's not really necessary these days as Judicial Supremacism affords contradicting prior rulings and even drafting new legislation)?

Furthermore, what law was stopping this "love"?

Someone on my Facebook list made a salient post on love recently.

All will not agree, but for me, this is the true definition of love.

"Love won when Jesus laid down his life... Love wins when we follow suit."

Notice the man in the photo, turning the other cheek. This is what true love is. Sacrificial. Selfless. Persecuted. Scorned. MOCKED.

There are many types of love. Brotherly love, erotic love, affectionate love, and of course the way we have watered the word down to mean "like A LOT", as in "I love pizza".

But agape love, or godly, unconditional, sacrificial love, is the true essence of it on which all humanity depends.

Even if one does not believe in God, the concept of godly love must prevail for us to prevail.

The Four Loves

Agape—unconditional 'God' love

Charity (agápē, Greek: ἀγάπη) is the love that serves regardless of changing circumstances. Lewis recognizes this one as the greatest of the other three loves, and sees it as a specifically Christian virtue to achieve. The chapter on the subject focuses on the need to subordinate the other three natural loves—as Lewis puts it, "The natural loves are not self-sufficient"—to the love of God, who is full of charitable love, to prevent what he termed their 'demonic' self-aggrandizement. Lewis did not actually use the word agape although later commentators did.
    As with the "Caitlyn" coming out party, this is yet another instance where the left is pushing an affront to God on the People. An abomination that defies history, nature, and reality. The fact that some will see this as nothing but a "civil rights" issue, speaks volumes. They have no idea what's coming and what's been lost here in the name of "progress".

The irony is that the concocted concept of the separation of Church and State, so precious to the left, took a big hit here as the State infringes upon the Church. The founders left Europe to escape State-instituted religion, and we have come full circle.
    Last edited by ibleedgreen; 06-29-2015 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ibleedgreen View Post

The irony is that the concocted concept of the separation of Church and State, so precious to the left, took a big hit here as the State infringes upon the Church. The founders left Europe to escape State-instituted religion, and we have come full circle.

the irony is you guys complain about the state infringing on your church, while actual black churches burn to the ground.

not approving of gay marriage is an inconvenience.

Arson is an attack on your rights.

Hours before President Barack Obama spoke to a packed house in Charleston last Friday in another black church, delivering the eulogy for State Senator Clementa Pinckney, Glover Grove Baptist Church burned to the ground.

It is one of at least six black church burnings in the South, all of which have taken place in the week-and-a-half since nine people were killed in Emanuel AME Church.
    http://www.npr.org/2015/06/29/418490...outhern-states

So you are assuming these were all intentional hate crimes? The article you posted seems to case a lot of doubt on that, but if any of them were it's obviously deplorable. Not sure how this is 'ironic' though.

http://brianlpowell.com/2015/06/29/r...d-rebel-flags/

"not approving of gay marriage is an inconvenience.

Arson is an attack on your rights."

I'll take "One has nothing to do with the other" for $500 Alex!

Quote Originally Posted by ret2ski View Post
    "not approving of gay marriage is an inconvenience.

Arson is an attack on your rights."

As usual, he has absolutely no grasp of the issue in earnest.

Quote Originally Posted by ret2ski View Post

exactly, what a dumb comment! the attack on the church is a horrible crime which should be punished! who says otherwise??? more hypocrisy from the left, keep your GOV away from our church's and beliefs. if I believe a homosexual act is a human perversion, too Fn bad dude. why are you right? because the troubled 2% say so?

Quote Originally Posted by AFL12 View Post
    exactly, what a dumb comment! the attack on the church is a horrible crime which should be punished! who says otherwise??? more hypocrisy from the left, keep your GOV away from our church's and beliefs. if I believe a homosexual act is a human perversion, too Fn bad dude. why are you right? because the troubled 2% say so?
    And .. if you read the article, this is a huge assumption, and looks like irresponsible "journalism" (i.e. stirring the pot with headlines, feeding frenzy, etc.).

That's why this is not ubiquitous in the news, only the leftist echo chamber, where the bot lives.

Quote Originally Posted by ibleedgreen View Post
    As usual, he has absolutely no grasp of the issue in earnest.
    you claim that gay marriage violates YOUR rights. What rights are those? The right to be mean?

You guys claim there's a war on Christianity, if there is it's a war on Black Christianity and unlike your pissy little complaints about gay marriage, people are actually dying in that war.

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post

if there is it's a war on Black Christianity and unlike your pissy little complaints about gay marriage, people are actually dying in that war.
    Speaking of a war on black Christians, do you have anything to say about this?