Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hey AFL what do you think these looters in Baltimore would answer...

Nothing in the Mosaic Law was unjust, that's the point. Jesus came to perfect the Law but all of it's basic tenets remain. For instance God's justice pertaining a righteous person who becomes wicked is clear. AFL claims that once a person is saved he will not go wickwd but clearly this scripture shows otherwise. A human now just as a human then is still imperfect and very capable of falling from grace.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

Quote Originally Posted by slikmojet View Post
    Live according to what you preach, what's so hard about that AFL? Live accordingly, live according to God's standards, lest we lose his favor. Makes perfect sense to me. Your churches are failed institutions because they neglect this simple fact. That is why secular people mock Christians so much because of their hypocrisy.
    now who's changing the argument slik? I agree 110% with this

Paul tells us to put on the full armor of God
    To Run the good race
    to make a proper place for the Holy Spirit
    Christ said why do you call me Lord if you don't do what I say?

conforming to Christ's will is job one for the believer. we need to me molded and sanctified by the Spirit

Grace is not carte blanche to sin, Paul addressed this and his response was, GOD FORBID!

Nothing in the Mosaic Law was unjust, that's the point. Jesus came to perfect the Law but all of it's basic tenets remain. For instance God's justice pertaining a righteous person who becomes wicked is clear. AFL claims that once a person is saved he will not go wickwd but clearly this scripture shows otherwise. A human now just as a human then is still imperfect and very capable of falling from grace.
    the point is that man couldn't keep the law, the ONLY WAY man meets the law is through Christ, again how much sin is required to lose salvation?

Who's changing the argument here? You! That up there is furthering my argument not changing it.

Personal responsibility runs counter to the false doctrine of once saved always saved. Don't understand how that changes the argument. And if you agree 110% then, why is it so hard for you to understand the simple fact thst even though we accepted Jesus and were saved by grace if we stop to live up to his moral standards we will lose God's favor and if we don't repent our salvation as well? The Mosaic Law was burdensome but it wasn't unjust. Nothing about God's thinking in regards to his justice that we gather from the Hebrew scriptures was outdated. For instance that scripture in Ezekiel should carry all it's proper weight because it does not contradict Jesus' new pact in the least. Here I will give you this gem here as final evidence that once saved always saved is a false doctrine:

Hebrews 6:4-8

Last edited by slikmojet; 05-16-2015 at 02:28 PM.

4*For it is impossible, in the case of those*who have once been enlightened, who have tasted*the heavenly gift, and*have shared in the Holy Spirit,*5*and*have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come,*6*andthen have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since*they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt.*7*For*land that has drunk the rain that often falls on it, and produces a crop useful to those for whose sake it is cultivated, receives a blessing from God.8*But*if it bears thorns and thistles, it is worthless and near to being cursed,*and its end is to be burned.

I mean if you want to continue to argue suit yourself. This should be the last nail in tbe coffin then.

Once saved always saved is a false doctrine, not supported by logic, reason or scripture.

4*For it is impossible, in the case of those*who have once been enlightened, who have tasted*the heavenly gift, and*have shared in the Holy Spirit,*5*and*have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come,*6*andthen have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since*they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt.*7*For*land that has drunk the rain that often falls on it, and produces a crop useful to those for whose sake it is cultivated, receives a blessing from God.8*But*if it bears thorns and thistles, it is worthless and near to being cursed,*and its end is to be burned.

I mean if you want to continue to argue suit yourself. This should be the last nail in tbe coffin then.

Once saved always saved is a false doctrine, not supported by logic, reason or scripture.

And how prophetic is Paul here, when he contends that a land that produces thorns and thistles even after the rains from God is worthless. Fast forward to the riots in Baltimore, where are the rsligious leaders now? Where is the call to personal responsibility and where is the condemnation? If all you preach from the pulpit is personal enrichment, salvation and do not remove the evil doers from the church, this is what you get in the end a barren land full lf thorns. But God hasn't failed you no he hasn't it was you false preachers and your false doctrines that failed you not God.

It's not the amount of sin but the lack of repentance AFL. This is Christianity 101! The disciples asked Jesus how many times could they forgive a brother 7 times? And Jesus responded not seven times but seventy seven times! Using hyperbole here to illustrate that forgiveness especially from God is limitless. However if we become unrepentful evil doers do we receive forgiveness from God? Clearly not. Especially those of us in the knowledge of Jesus' sacrifice. Does that answer your question? Only God knows the heart and can truly judge, some he will forgive and some he will weigh in the balance and reject. Even from among thse of us who claim to be saved.
    Last edited by slikmojet; 05-16-2015 at 03:35 PM.

good answer slik,
    if we become unrepentful evil doers I just don't see those people accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior through faith in Christ and the Gospel. you cant have faith and act like that .. back to square one, you say they lost it, I say they never had it. they are bastards, Liars and have no heir-ship with Christ, cheap "said" faith without any clue of the Gospel.

[QUOTE=AFL12;477871]good answer slik,
    if we become unrepentful evil doers I just don't see those people accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior through faith in Christ and the Gospel. you cant have faith and act like that .. back to square one, you say they lost it, I say they never had it. they are bastards, Liars and have no heir-ship with Christ, cheap "said" faith without any clue of

Wow!!! Well what can I say if you so fanatically want to hold on to that false doctrine despite all the Biblical evidence disproving it, suit yourself.
    Last edited by slikmojet; 05-16-2015 at 10:22 PM.