Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Look at these throws ...

If Bryce Petty were a FQB prospect he'd have gone higher

he's a possible backup, maybe one day

he's never even called a play from the huddle until the Senior Bowl (where he looked terrible)

I guess what this comes down to is I will believe he's good when I see it. In the NFL not at Baylor.

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    If Bryce Petty were a FQB prospect he'd have gone higher

he's a possible backup, maybe one day

he's never even called a play from the huddle until the Senior Bowl (where he looked terrible)

I guess what this comes down to is I will believe he's good when I see it. In the NFL not at Baylor.
    And Tom Brady in the 6th round doesn't exist?

A possible backup, maybe one day?

Thank you Karnak!

Quote Originally Posted by ret2ski View Post

A possible backup, maybe one day?

Thank you Karnak!
    The bot always sh!ts on QB prospects. It's a good bet and plays well with his hyperbolic, contrarian style.
    Last edited by ibleedgreen; 05-06-2015 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ret2ski View Post
    Tom Brady's career only works because of the rampant cheating in the franchise that drafted him.

If the Jets want to install microphones and cameras every where and radio jamming equipment and spies to look at the other team's practices and intentionally deflated footballs, then yes Bryce Petty could be Tom Brady.
    Last edited by bitonti; 05-06-2015 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Tom Brady's career only works because of the rampant cheating in the franchise that drafted him.

If the Jets want to install microphones and cameras every where and radio jamming equipment and spies to look at the other team's practices and intentionally deflated footballs, then yes Bryce Petty could be Tom Brady.
    Officially... this is the stupidist thing you've ever said. Brady is still great. Maybe he only has 1 ring, or heck even none without the cheating, but he's still a great QB overall.

And Petty is ABSOLUTELY a FQB prospect. A longer odds one than a top 10 pick, but a FQB prospect nonetheless. He went 4th round because of the scheme scenario and because he's only a 2 year starter. All that means is you need to take the proper time to develop him. The fact that he needs more learning time based on college scheme does not lessen the chances of success. Pro style college QBs bust at 90% ALSO.

Petty's chances = 10%
    Winston's chances = 10%
    Mariotta's chances = 10%

Petty was a great pick. To say today he's a backup at best, is certainly taking the safe odds, but it's also a totally and utterly absurd statement. Simply because you don't have a hint of a clue which of these QBs will eventually be the good ones.