Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 75

Thread: Look at these throws ...

  1. #1

    Look at these throws ...

    Look at the throws this guy makes here, some of these guys are not wide open, most of these throws are into tight coverage, and he puts these passes on an absolute dime:

    http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/vi...4-a50ec7ff5de7

    You can't teach that, fellas, thats ARM TALENT, you're either born with it or you aren't.


    You watch those throws and you can see why Gruden was going Ga-Ga over his passing skills:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP1OoM6cdQ4
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 05-04-2015 at 03:03 PM.

  2. #2
    Assistant Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Farmington Mn
    Posts
    5,604
    I believe there was one knock him when forced out of the pocket he seems to get rattled and forces some of his passes. But that can be worked on with proper Qb. coaching! Maybe a diamond in the rough. Fingers Crossed!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    Look at the throws this guy makes here, some of these guys are not wide open, most of these throws are into tight coverage, and he puts these passes on an absolute dime:

    http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/vi...4-a50ec7ff5de7


    You can't teach that, fellas, thats ARM TALENT, you're either born with it or you aren't.

    You watch those throws and you can see why Gruden was going Ga-Ga over his passing skills:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP1OoM6cdQ4
    He throws a beautiful ball, has a strong arm, quick release, some good mobility, good pocket awareness, nice anticipation and touch and seems to show some leadership. He also seesm to have that cock sure personality he will need in NYC. But those things were never in question. It comes down to one thing...Can he read a defense on the pro level. If teams were more sure of that I think hes an easy first rounder with his physical skill. How he learns and is developed on that front over the next year or so is really the only issue as to whether he can be a starting QB in this league or not. He has ALL the physical skills...but so did guys like Vinny and Dilfer and Harringtopn and a plethora of other guys. We need to keep our fingers crossed and wait and see.

    I mean scroll through the below and tell me this guy didn't look like the real deal coming out also...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxXKgfjbBnA

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwz5sl16K8w

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    Look at the throws this guy makes here, some of these guys are not wide open, most of these throws are into tight coverage, and he puts these passes on an absolute dime:

    http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/vi...4-a50ec7ff5de7


    You can't teach that, fellas, thats ARM TALENT, you're either born with it or you aren't.

    You watch those throws and you can see why Gruden was going Ga-Ga over his passing skills:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP1OoM6cdQ4
    Ut-oh .. he appears to be "locking on" ..

    We all know what this means ... months of lectures from sin about how he can't read a defense..

  5. #5
    Petty has talent he also has a scary injury history, including a broken back (!)

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Petty has talent he also has a scary injury history, including a broken back (!)
    First off, if it was that serious he would not have been drafted even in the 4th round.

    And also, as someone who has herniated discs, let me tell you, you are a LOT better off cracking a bone in your transverse process then rupturing discs. Bones heal...discs don't. And by all accounts Pettys back has healed. What other "injury history" are you referring to???

  7. #7
    Jets Moderator ret2ski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Palm Coast, Fl.
    Posts
    35,804
    Quote Originally Posted by MSGold12 View Post
    First off, if it was that serious he would not have been drafted even in the 4th round.

    And also, as someone who has herniated discs, let me tell you, you are a LOT better off cracking a bone in your transverse process then rupturing discs. Bones heal...discs don't. And by all accounts Pettys back has healed. What other "injury history" are you referring to???
    Yeah, really scary.

    Every description I've read on the injury described it as "minor" & since he continued to play for at least a half after getting this "scary" injury I have to believe that the minor description is correct.

  8. #8
    Reminds me a bit of Stafford though more athletic, and a bit like like Favre too in the way he can fit the ball into tight spaces, similar build too.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ibleedgreen View Post
    Ut-oh .. he appears to be "locking on" ..

    We all know what this means ... months of lectures from sin about how he can't read a defense..
    Won't complain about the kid. He was picked up where he should have been could've went on the 2nd day but top of the third day is about right. Has arm talent and all the physical attributes you need but he is a project due to the simple read option spread run by their HC Biles. Its the same damn offense mariota ran but he went 2nd overall. ask me who got the less riskier pick? Both he and Mariota have a big learning curve. They have to learn to operate a huddle, they have to really learn a playbook due to now having to dictate verbiage. They have to make the pre snap reads because you don't see many Coaches with placards uhh except chippy now, making reads for their QB's. They gotta make the defensive reads and be able to call an audible which neither did in college. then its no more 1st read throws. its all about making the correct read. Its all about the mental game now for him. Can he do it ..i hope so but it wont happen by the start of this season. thats why 4th rd was a good pick. he gets a chance to LEARN

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by sincityjetsfan View Post
    Won't complain about the kid. He was picked up where he should have been could've went on the 2nd day but top of the third day is about right. Has arm talent and all the physical attributes you need but he is a project due to the simple read option spread run by their HC Biles. Its the same damn offense mariota ran but he went 2nd overall. ask me who got the less riskier pick? Both he and Mariota have a big learning curve. They have to learn to operate a huddle, they have to really learn a playbook due to now having to dictate verbiage. They have to make the pre snap reads because you don't see many Coaches with placards uhh except chippy now, making reads for their QB's. They gotta make the defensive reads and be able to call an audible which neither did in college. then its no more 1st read throws. its all about making the correct read. Its all about the mental game now for him. Can he do it ..i hope so but it wont happen by the start of this season. thats why 4th rd was a good pick. he gets a chance to LEARN
    Well said, I agree 100%.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO