• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A
    NFLfans processing...

Thread: Adrian Peterson to meet with NFL about reinstatement

Adrian Peterson to meet with NFL about reinstatement

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-reinstatement

FL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that Peterson will meet with the NFL this week to discuss reinstatement, per a source informed of the situation.

This has Jerry Jones written all over it.

Coach in Training
    Hopefully, we'll get some resolution out of this. I'm still of my original opinion where I'll be happy if we trade him for a second rounder or better. Him playing for us next year wouldn't be bad either. I just want simplicity from it.

In a way it's a shame this is such a great draft for RBs. We could have gotten a higher pick the last couple years but there's so many quality RBs in this draft. There will likely be starting backs drafted in the 3rd or 4th round this year. Of course, if we trade him and need one it's a good thing it's a deep position.

I really hope we get a first for him personally. Don't think that's asking too much. But just a resolution to the situation would be nice. Spielman probably needs some extra picks in this draft since FA went nowhere for us, so I could see it happening soon.

Season Tickets, First Deck
    Well it's finally here ... tomorrow is Income Tax day! Or better known to Vikings' fans as 'Will Adrian Peterson be Reinstated Day?'. I really do hope that he's done everything he was suppose to do and he's finally allowed back on a football field. Of course he still might not want to play for the Vikings, but unless he gets reinstated he can't play for anyone.

Oh Crap!!! Taxes are due tomorrow!!! Be right back or it's going to be "MIVike going to prison day".

OK, taxes filed. Back on topic: I gotta believe that AP's meeting with the NFL went well otherwise I think something would have leaked out by now. I want to see him playing for the Vikings next year because I enjoy watching him play and I think he's going to have a monster year. On the other hand I've had enough of the drama from AP and his AGENT so if the Vikings want to trade him I'm okay with that also as long as we can get a pick in the first two (three) rounds so we can draft his replacement.

By the way: If AP hasn't done everything required for reinstatement, then shame on him and I don't want to hear from him or his agent about how the Vikings haven't treated him right.

Welcome back Adrian. Hope you're planning on staying for a while.

Interesting that the Vikings start off season training on Monday. I wonder if Peterson will be attending. It would be a good PR move with Viking fans if he did.

Coach in Training
    Indeed. Should be a media frenzy whether or not he's there. Hopefully things can run smoothly. Hopefully some new information on... well.... something, anyway.

Adrian Peterson wonít be at Mondayís first day of offseason workouts but source says it has nothing to do with being disgruntled
    19 April, 2015
    By Chris Tomasson
    http://blogs.twincities.com/vikings/...g-disgruntled/

A source said Sunday that Adrian Peterson wonít attend Mondayís first day of Vikings voluntary offseason workouts, but it has nothing to do with the running back being disgruntled.

The source said Peterson wouldnít be on hand even if he wasnít having problems with the Vikings. Peterson, who missed 15 games last season and was reinstated last week from an NFL suspension for a child-abuse incident, would prefer to play elsewhere in 2015 because he doesnít believe some team officials did enough to get him back on the field in 2014.

The source said the eight-year veteran historically hasnít shown up for the first day of voluntary workouts and his attendance at them usually has been sporadic. Peterson has a $250,000 workout bonus but the source said that is tied only to 90 percent participation in organized team activities and minicamps and doesnít involve conditioning activities.

The Vikings have OTAs May 26-28, June 2-4 and June 8-11 and a mandatory minicamp June 16-18. So, if Peterson isnít traded in the next month, the next suspense about his future with the team might not come until May 26.

The source said Peterson did attend three days of offseason conditioning last spring, but that was merely as a favor to new coach Mike Zimmer. He met the necessary OTA and minicamp requirements last year to get his workout bonus.

Peterson missed one game last season while inactive, eight while on the commissionerís exempt list and six due to the suspension. His agent, Ben Dogra, said last month, ďI donít think itís in Adrianís best interest to play in Minnesota (in 2015). Why would it be?Ē

Peterson has three years and $43.25 million left on his contract, although none of it is guaranteed. He is on the books next season for a base salary of $12.75 million.

If Peterson remains with the Vikings, he would have to decide in late May whether to show up for OTAs or forfeit his $250,000 workout bonus. The
    Vikings only could start fining Peterson if he misses days during the June 16-18 mandatory minicamp.

Peterson could be fined $12,155 for missing one day, $24,300 for skipping a second day and $36,465 for missing a third day for a total of $72,920. Throw in the $250,000 and the most Peterson could lose prior to training camp is $322,920.

Training camp will begin around July 26. If Peterson is traded before then, many believe it would happen no later than the April 30-May 2 NFL draft.

Follow Chris Tomasson at twitter.com/christomasson