• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A
    NFLfans processing...

Thread: We getting old must be

Head Coach Material

We getting old must be

Talking to Falcons fans this week makes me blush a tad. Tries to educate them that the Saints are a "sister team" of the Falcons as a franchise and both teams have been ignored by the media and even laughed at on national television. For instance, since the Bears lost to the lowly Saints last week there must be changes. No repsect for a fine defensive effort and Drew Brees playing like a HOFamer.

Why do some Falcons fans hate the Saints so much? They get angry at me for praising the Saints, Panthers,...maybe not so much the Bucs but hey I respect Payton(although don't really like him but he's one of those rare offensive minds).

But you younger Falcons fans don't remember the old days when the Saints and Falcons both sucked nearly every season. We had fun playing for nothing maybe but every time the Falcons and Saints face off it's always entertaining.

So you Patriots fans enjoy another 41-13 win for your guys,...we'll have fun down here watching some exciting football.

Upper Deck, On the Rail
    We are getting old. If you do not get old, that means you are dead! (or undead, as the case may be) Getting old is your reward for cheating death.

But y'all gotta step up and put a beat-down on Carolina. Good luck in your mission.
    I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. - Thomas Jefferson

Xardoz, what is going on in New Orleans? I was certain that Ryan would be fired, if not Payton. I also heard that there might be a rebuilding year going on this offseason due to the finish. I have heard nothing. What is your take on it?

Frankly, I would not fire the head coach, but would look at the GM and DC, fwiw.
    Nolledge is Pouer.

Upper Deck, On the Rail
    It will take time for things to wash out.

I do not think Ryan is going to be fired, but I see lots of changes coming down the pike.
    We have our nose pushed past the salary cap (2-3 restructures will fix that - Loomis is a money-master, so that will get adjusted.)
    Our secondary coach is going back to Vanderbilt (I think).
    Also rumor has it Dennis Allen is on his way back to NOLA - he was our secondary coach and got poached after the SB run in '09.

There are going to be changes, but I think they are going to be quiet - and timely.

I knew there was some locker-room B.S. going on, and now reports are coming out of guys coming in late for meetings and fights within the team. Payton better nip this sh*t in the bud or next year is going to be another looooong year.
    I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. - Thomas Jefferson

Looking back on our exchange, It seems that Payton did some nipping. Wow. The quiet part of your prediction was not that accurate, but your last paragraph, the one about the players, may be the true indication of a deeper problem. Some players were let go and it made little sense, save the cap and/or behind-the-scenes stuff, but wow. I like their additions and the picks they have accumulated. We in Carolina are happy to see it for 2015, but know that you have a good coach and QB--you are simply getting younger and reloading.
    Nolledge is Pouer.