Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Sanchez hypocriscy in the media

I only see him cut based on the draft outcome. If they land a couple prospects they may cut bait on Smith. But I UNFORTUNATELY don't see the Jets doing what must be done, which is stockpiling prospects. My guess is they will draft one QB, keep Smith and either keep Vick of replace him with a different band-aid vet. 3 QBs. Smith may take a while but he still has upside. That isn't squashed yet. But if they came out of the draft w/ 2 QBs Smith could be gone by default.

Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    I only see him cut based on the draft outcome. If they land a couple prospects they may cut bait on Smith. But I UNFORTUNATELY don't see the Jets doing what must be done, which is stockpiling prospects. My guess is they will draft one QB, keep Smith and either keep Vick of replace him with a different band-aid vet. 3 QBs. Smith may take a while but he still has upside. That isn't squashed yet. But if they came out of the draft w/ 2 QBs Smith could be gone by default.
    I doubt they draft a QB in 2015 to start anytime soon if ever. They might take a flier on one in the mid-to-late rounds to "groom".

I think the franchise will be at a win now point in 2015. If Idzik survives this season BIG IF right now he'll be looking to win now not groom another rookie QB for later down the road, if they bring in a coach like Harbaugh he'll be looking to win right away too. If Idzik gets fired after only two years the new GM will see what happened and know he has to win right away too.

After Buttfumbles, after Geno it's time to go in a different direction. It feels that way.

Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen76 View Post
    I doubt they draft a QB in 2015 to start anytime soon if ever. They might take a flier on one in the mid-to-late rounds to "groom".

I think the franchise will be at a win now point in 2015. If Idzik survives this season BIG IF right now he'll be looking to win now not groom another rookie QB for later down the road, if they bring in a coach like Harbaugh he'll be looking to win right away too. If Idzik gets fired after only two years the new GM will see what happened and know he has to win right away too.

After Buttfumbles, after Geno it's time to go in a different direction. It feels that way.
    Did you miss the part about keeping Vick or replacing him with another vet?

The Real JetMan
    Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen76 View Post

As bad as Woody and Johnny Boy are...I'm glad you aren't running this franchise.

You don't think Rex Grossman and Santana Moss would have gotten us to the SB?

The Real JetMan
    Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    You don't think Rex Grossman and Santana Moss would have gotten us to the SB?
    We wouldn't have a single draft pick until 2018. He'd trade them away for RG3 and Jimmy Harbaugh.

Why is the media shoving Buttfumbles down our throats?

The Cardinals & Lions are battling for NFC supremacy later today, possible #1 seed in the NFC ramifications.

Which game is NY getting on Fox? Buttfumbles vs Green Bay.

Eff the media!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
    As bad as Woody and Johnny Boy are...I'm glad you aren't running this franchise.
    Hey if he delivers Harbaugh you'll be singing his praises.

The foundation for a 12-14 wins season (with Harbaugh) in 2015 is already in place. We're not quite there yet we need a QB no doubt that'll be #1 on Harbaugh's (or anyone else who gets the job) to do list.

A roster tweak here (add a CB or two) a tweak there (Harvin out, Fitzgerald or the super rookie WR in).

Yeah!

Of couse the media experts will predict only mild improvement because our roster is so so bad. The Jets will come out of 'nowhere' just like SF did in 2011.