Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Vick announced as starter

Quote Originally Posted by pope View Post
    Simple you play Vick again.

You evaluate Geno, has he learned how to read a defense in the offseason? If he hasn't you cut him, if he has you let him actually COMPETE with Vick.

And perhaps you have a competent GM who is able to identify a Russel Wilson or Nick Foles in round 3 or even better a competent GM who with 12 picks the previous year could have moved around a draft board accumulating some ammunition for this year in order to trade up for Mariota or Winston (who then sit for a year behind Vick and actually learn the game)

This way you can still compete now and have your future QB in waiting. It's not about entertaining anyone, it's about winning.
    Who has ever really "won" anythng with MIke Vick? No one. Its why NO ONE wanted him this off season. NO one...thats the one fact you cant seem to refute. If Vick is so terrific and such a winner, why did NO ONE want him? Why did he hae to settle for a 1 year deal with a team that all but told him he wouold not start?

Team Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by MSGold12 View Post
    Who has ever really "won" anythng with MIke Vick? No one. Its why NO ONE wanted him this off season. NO one...thats the one fact you cant seem to refute. If Vick is so terrific and such a winner, why did NO ONE want him? Why did he hae to settle for a 1 year deal with a team that all but told him he wouold not start?
    I'm sure the jets would win more games with Mettenberger or Shaub.

That so far was your plan, right?
    Last edited by pope; 10-29-2014 at 07:25 PM.

Simple you play Vick again.

You evaluate Geno, has he learned how to read a defense in the offseason? If he hasn't you cut him, if he has you let him actually COMPETE with Vick.

And perhaps you have a competent GM who is able to identify a Russel Wilson or Nick Foles in round 3 or even better a competent GM who with 12 picks the previous year could have moved around a draft board accumulating some ammunition for this year in order to trade up for Mariota or Winston (who then sit for a year behind Vick and actually learn the game)

This way you can still compete now and have your future QB in waiting. It's not about entertaining anyone, it's about winning.
    First of all, your answer is just littered with contradictions against some of your other posts, and secondly, I don't believe your answer is taking the full amount of that hypothetical info into account. You are a self proclaimed Vick lover. I said he played "mediocre" and "gave you very little confidence that he still has "it"". And you take that analysis and just happily run him out there again in 2015. Sure why not, he was mediocre, now he has THREE years in a row of mediocre QBing, and he's just another year older so let's keep rolling with him. The hypothetical is VERY FAIR. I acknowlefge that if he plays WELL then rolling with him again makes sense. But it's very fair to say he may not do play well. And THAT was the hypothetical.

OK, so the main contradiction is that you have blasted the notion that drafting a QB other than a legit 1st round blue chip is a waste, but now that you have your MEDIOCRE 8-8 Vick playing, it's now OK to "throw away" a 2nd or 3rd on a QB because you might find another Russell Wilson. But Mettenberger couldn't be that? And that couldn't have been the play NOW to follow Geno instead of Vick? And also, if you are going to draft Mariota or Winston but play Vick, then you are trading Geno, which isn't horrible granted, but you NEVER FOUND OUT if he was the goods or not. We know the deal now, BECAUSE HE PLAYED, but in that case, you used a 2 on Geno, saw him finish his rooie season very strong, never played him again, then traded him in favor of a new totally unknown prospect. All so that you can go 16-16 with Vick for 2 seasons. Oye f@cking Vey.

Sorry, I hate that plan for medoctity. Now we get to FIND OUT if we actually have a QB in freaking 2016. man, that one better pan out then.

Team Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    First of all, your answer is just littered with contradictions against some of your other posts, and secondly, I don't believe your answer is taking the full amount of that hypothetical info into account. You are a self proclaimed Vick lover. I said he played "mediocre" and "gave you very little confidence that he still has "it"". And you take that analysis and just happily run him out there again in 2015. Sure why not, he was mediocre, now he has THREE years in a row of mediocre QBing, and he's just another year older so let's keep rolling with him. The hypothetical is VERY FAIR. I acknowlefge that if he plays WELL then rolling with him again makes sense. But it's very fair to say he may not do play well. And THAT was the hypothetical.

OK, so the main contradiction is that you have blasted the notion that drafting a QB other than a legit 1st round blue chip is a waste, but now that you have your MEDIOCRE 8-8 Vick playing, it's now OK to "throw away" a 2nd or 3rd on a QB because you might find another Russell Wilson. But Mettenberger couldn't be that? And that couldn't have been the play NOW to follow Geno instead of Vick? And also, if you are going to draft Mariota or Winston but play Vick, then you are trading Geno, which isn't horrible granted, but you NEVER FOUND OUT if he was the goods or not. We know the deal now, BECAUSE HE PLAYED, but in that case, you used a 2 on Geno, saw him finish his rooie season very strong, never played him again, then traded him in favor of a new totally unknown prospect. All so that you can go 16-16 with Vick for 2 seasons. Oye f@cking Vey.

Sorry, I hate that plan for medoctity. Now we get to FIND OUT if we actually have a QB in freaking 2016. man, that one better pan out then.

You say Vick's last 3 seasons have been mediocre but they are far greater than anything Mark Sanchez or Geno Smith have given you.

Does he still have "It", according to you guys he never has, so I'm not going to even get into this again.

Yes, I personally prefer to draft blue chip prospects at qb, whatever the cost is to move up for one I'd do it. I don't care for wasting time on the Mettenberger's of the world unless like Simms they are groomed on the PRACTICE field for a few years, maybe just maybe you get the long shot of all long shots but I highly doubt it. Yes the blue chipper also bust but that's just my preference.

I didn't say trade Geno Smith, I said if next offseason he still can't read a defense then I'd waive him, what's the point 3 years in if he can't read a defense? If he can't beat out the over the hill, always been $hit Michael Vick in camp 3 years in what's the point? I know right there I don't need to see anymore, I don't need to see him put up a 0.00 qb rating in an NFL game to convince me to move on, I know from camp film.

I mean the Seahawks SAW IN PRACTICE that Russell Wilson was better than Matt Flynn, you can tell in practice you don't need live bullets.
    Last edited by pope; 10-29-2014 at 08:59 PM.

You say Vick's last 3 seasons have been mediocre but they are far greater than anything Mark Sanchez or Geno Smith have given you.

Does he still have "It", according to you guys he never has, so I'm not going to even get into this again.

Yes, I personally prefer the draft blue chip prospects, whatever the cost is to move up for one I'd do it. I don't care for wasting time on the Mettenberger's of the world unless like Simms they are groomed on the PRACTICE field for a few years, maybe just maybe you get the long shot of all long shots but I highly doubt it.

I didn't say trade Geno Smith, I said if next offseason he still can't read a defense then I'd waive him, what's the point 3 years in if he can't read a defense? If he can't beat out the over the hill, always been a $hit Michael Vick in camp 3 years in what's the point? I know right there I don't need to see anymore, I don't need to see him put up a 0.00 qb rating in an NFL game to convince me to move on, I know from camp film.
    I wouldn't waste another minute "developing" Geno Smith. He is what he is, which is exactly what he was in college, an inaccurate, one read product of the Air Raid System who was moody and churlish and a baby. Exactly what the predraft experts told us he was, but we all cried "Anti-Jets Bias!" LOL.

He is terrible on the field, and off. I would take Mark Sanchez over this loser.

SO that being said, you sit his ass down firmly for the rest of the year, let Vick play so the Jets don't make complete horses asses out of themselves for the rest of the season and let Free Agents and the league know you're trying to do the right thing, and get ready to try and find another QB in the draft. Gee.....wouldn't it be nice to have used some of those 12 DRAFT PICKS Idzik THREW AWAY to have gotten some more trade up ammo for the 2015 draft? I mean, 2014 wasn't the year anyway, right geniuses? LOL.

Oh, and sadly, they NEED to clean house in the coaching staff. Sorry. Time to bring in some accountability. I'm sure Richardson and Wilkerson and company will continue to play just fine, and lets be honest, the rest of the D ain't nothing to write home about anyway.

Team Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post
    I wouldn't waste another minute "developing" Geno Smith. He is what he is, which is exactly what he was in college, an inaccurate, one read product of the Air Raid System who was moody and churlish and a baby. Exactly what the predraft experts told us he was, but we all cried "Anti-Jets Bias!" LOL.

He is terrible on the field, and off. I would take Mark Sanchez over this loser.

SO that being said, you sit his ass down firmly for the rest of the year, let Vick play so the Jets don't make complete horses asses out of themselves for the rest of the season and let Free Agents and the league know you're trying to do the right thing, and get ready to try and find another QB in the draft. Gee.....wouldn't it be nice to have used some of those 12 DRAFT PICKS Idzik THREW AWAY to have gotten some more trade up ammo for the 2015 draft? I mean, 2014 wasn't the year anyway, right geniuses? LOL.

Oh, and sadly, they NEED to clean house in the coaching staff. Sorry. Time to bring in some accountability. I'm sure Richardson and Wilkerson and company will continue to play just fine, and lets be honest, the rest of the D ain't nothing to write home about anyway.

Completely agree, they could have had the ammo to go get Mariota or Winston no matter what their record ends up being this year if they had a competent GM who knew how to move around a draft board with 12 picks in his pocket.

Absolutely maddening.

Geno is finished in NY, he's an embarrassing joke.

Makes sense...we are going to get clobbered in KC so why not let the 34 year old one year rental with zero upside take the beating

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Dumstein-sg3 View Post
    Makes sense...we are going to get clobbered in KC so why not let the 34 year old one year rental with zero upside take the beating
    Yep .. and the following week vs. Pitt, assuming he survives KC.

Then hand the reins to Geno or Matt after the bye. That's what I envision.