Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vick announced as starter

Vick announced as starter

sweet. Finally. Get ready to roll.

Team Owner
    IBG get ready to root against your team, eh?

haha. Just for the record, I was rooting my a$$ off for that has been piece of cr@p because we still had a season left yesterday.

Even though when it's over, I would rather have a top 3 pick then 8 wins, I still root for a win every game. I rooted for Neil O'Donnel and Bubby Brister too. Vick is way better than them.

Team Owner
    Listen, I agree, I want Marioatta and if Geno plays the rest of the season I know they'd have a legit shot at him.

But there's no way the jets can put Geno Smith out there after yesterday, Percy Harvin would start punching people, Richardson and Wilkerson would tell their agents get me the f@ck out of here.

There's a lot more that goes into this than just 1 guy, they simply cannot put that turd out there anymore, he's beyond embarrassing and the other players in that locker room would rightfully lay down.

Geno needs to be demoted to 3rd string/practice squad and learn the fundamentals of the game. He cannot play from under center and that is not acceptable in the NFL. Its not his fault, he never had to do it in college and if you dig up my posts i was very concerned about thrusting him into the job as a rookie. More Idzik buffoonery

Quote Originally Posted by pope View Post
    Listen, I agree, I want Marioatta and if Geno plays the rest of the season I know they'd have a legit shot at him.

But there's no way the jets can put Geno Smith out there after yesterday, Percy Harvin would start punching people, Richardson and Wilkerson would tell their agents get me the f@ck out of here.

There's a lot more that goes into this than just 1 guy, they simply cannot put that turd out there anymore, he's beyond embarrassing and the other players in that locker room would rightfully lay down.
    I'm 100% with you here!

BTW Jwilly I didn't have time at work to reply in the other thread but yes it was feasible that Vick could have been the "long term" starter. He's 34. Not 44. He could have had a late career revival, like Vinny T. In fact like Vinny T he is a rare athlete and a former 1 overall pick. He isn't David Garrard or Mark Brunnel. He will get another job next year, if it's not with the Jets.

It's not likely but it's at least feasible, and still not an excuse to coronation Geno and protect him from a competition this preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by pope View Post
    IBG get ready to root against your team, eh?
    I don't vilify, denigrate, and scapegoat players. I leave that to you pope. And I don't root against the Jets and haven't since Kotite was fired. But let's just say I expect to see Geno starting again (or perhaps Simms) after the bye at 1-9. Earlier if Vick gets hurt before then.

The Jets are running a scheme and have an OC that has made QB's like Kevin Kolb, AJ Feely, Koy Detmer, etc. look like functional QB's. If Geno can't make it in this scheme, then I don't know what's to be done with him.

Quote Originally Posted by SOF.Gator View Post
    The Jets are running a scheme and have an OC that has made QB's like Kevin Kolb, AJ Feely, Koy Detmer, etc. look like functional QB's. If Geno can't make it in this scheme, then I don't know what's to be done with him.
    Well, the scheme is one thing, but what about the cogs? I think the skills people in Philly are/were just a tad bit better than they are here.