Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So sad...yet very true in many ways.

So sad...yet very true in many ways.

And Vaccaro is a Jets fan and not one of the usual beat writing a-holes.

http://nypost.com/2014/10/09/rex-rya...-like-madness/

6 years ago I was so sure we had the HC & QB to take us to the promised land.

And as I type this post I am as disillusioned as I have ever been with the Jets!

I don't see any hope right now.

It's way beyond sad to me.

Owner's Box
    Hard to disagree at this point. That makes me a bit sad too. I want to like Rex. He seems like the kind of guy that would be fun to hang out with. But he's had this team for six years now...

Quote Originally Posted by ret2ski View Post
    6 years ago I was so sure we had the HC & QB to take us to the promised land.

And as I type this post I am as disillusioned as I have ever been with the Jets!

I don't see any hope right now.

It's way beyond sad to me.
    Clearly we are just riding out the string now wiht our HC...and possibly our QB also. Left behind are an owner no one respects and a GM everyone has serious dubts about.

Barring a miracle turnaround by both HC and QB, this could be about as low as the franchise may have sunken since the Kotite years and unlike then we wont have a knight in shining armour come in like we did in Tuna. Its the Woody/Idzik show for the forseebale future.

Owner's Box
    Quote Originally Posted by MSGold12 View Post
    Clearly we are just riding out the string now wiht our HC...and possibly our QB also. Left behind are an owner no one respects and a GM everyone has serious dubts about.

Barring a miracle turnaround by both HC and QB, this could be about as low as the franchise may have sunken since the Kotite years and unlike then we wont have a knight in shining armour come in like we did in Tuna. Its the Woody/Idzik show for the forseebale future.
    I think there's more real talent on this team than when Kotite left, but otherwise, it does seem similar! Sad as that is...

Tuna actually had a quick fix after Kottite. The same could happen with the right hire.

This group needs a disciplinarian now--after needing a guy who could relate to them after the Mangini debacle. LOL

It never gets old .. actually, yes. Yes it dos.

Team Owner
    His way doesn't work yet he went to 2 AFC championship games with Mark Sanchez as his qb
    His way doesn't work yet he went 8-8 with rookie turd Geno Smith as his qb
    His way doesn't work with NO CB's, the one position he demands for his defense to work properly, but hey go stop Rodgers, Stafford, Cutler, Rivers Manning & Brady with Darrin Walls and Antonio Allen, his way doesn't work now with yet another endless turnover turd at qb, yeah exactly how could it work? , please explain. What an incredibly insightful article, yawn.
    Last edited by pope; 10-10-2014 at 04:14 PM.

Our offense has been crap for 10 years, pennys arm surgeries ended our last capable QB....a young innovative rex and an all decade OL, brought us close. has rex been dealt a tough hand?? absolutely, is he also part of the problem? yup. he stuck with sanchez too long, and he had no clue about genos abilities to read a defense..hes a defensive coach who's offensive inability screwed him.
    I think idzik set him up to fail, between the money saving roll over approach, which screams douche, and the QB WR CB black hole. but I just dont give a F*&^ any more

I'm sorry but if I am the decision maker I am not giving up on Rex Ryan. "his way"??? Is that like the "Patriot way"? LMAO. The Patriot way is luck into an all time great QB and have him carry your team in multiple different roster approaches and many horrible defenses. Rex's way is to be saddled with QBs who have lead the entire NFL BY A TON in total TOs, but.... Still for the most part win a lot of games and have his teams in position to win a hell of a lot more often than not.

Does anybody stop to consider what your chances are in the NFL when your QBs are ALWAYS at the absolute bottom of the league handing the ball to the other team?? Comeon guys. How can an HC win like that? You want to blame Rex for sticking with his QBs. GM's fault. Rex has not had legit go-to opportunities at QB.

Giving up on Rex before we get him even just a freaking DECENT QB is a mistake!!!!

See, this is exactly why "QBIE" is such a dangerous and reckless philosophy. It's a built-in excuse as well as an oversimplification.

Mark Sanchez had 20 INTs and 9 fumbles in his rookie year, and yet the TEAM made it to the AFCCG. hmmm...

There is an overall lack of focus, preparation, and discipline on this team; and it's been this way for a while.

The only constant is REX.