Thread: Wwgd?

Hybrid View

Head Coach Material

Wwgd?

What would Glanville do?

Jerry Glanville would stack the line with at least 9 men at the line of scrimmage and dare the opposing offense to beat them with the pass. It's funny because Mike Smith and Glanville's defenses rely on the inside linemen to disrupt the run game. Smith ain't been stopping no run game lately. And fair enough there were times whan Glanville's Flacons defenses were gashed.

Today on the NFLN they asked a question, which defense should be more concerning the Saints or Falcons D. That was an easy question but the reason given by one talking head was interesting. He said the Falcons don't have a marquee defensive player,...like what? Ohhhhh fantasy, sorry I got it now.

After the loss to the Bengals a friend said he thinks Mike Nolan has to go. After the loss at the U of Minnesota last week he says he should be fired. I dunno,...Mike Smith was a D-coor and had a great defense way back then.

A Saints analogy here. When Ryan attacks with his defense it seems to create more havoc.

Bottom line is this. In the NFL if you play a base 4-3 or 3-4 in zone coverage QBs like Manning, Brady, Bradshaw or even Staubach will riddle the secondary unless,...unless he has no time to throw. Think about that Nolan.

Nolan's defense is a Jekyll and Hyde story.....NEVER knowing who will show up, I can't understand Smith not having more input or just fire Nolan and take over himself. The crows may very well win tomorrow, but, we may very well be embarrassed. Doesn't that kind of football make you want to waste your money on any nfl apparel.
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Head Coach Material
    Funny you mention that. Think of all the suckers that buy an NFL jersey and the player leaves the team the next season. LAWL

I seen a fool wearing an Alger Crumpler jersey last week. Well I guess if you're gonna shell out $100 for a jersey may as well wear it.

Three times Nolan took my advice, almost. He loaded the box 3 times and backed off in coverage all 3 times. And Manning ripped the stupid Falcons because he had all damned day to throw the ball. The coaches, Smith and Nolan, must not trust the ability of the D-line and LBs to rush the passer. In any case as we've noted the defense is poorly coached.

I know the Saints won it all without a top 10 D but our O is just as erratic when it comes to sustaining drives
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Head Coach Material
    Don't start Jackson,...pass the ball on the first drive everytime and work Jackson in. INSTEAD of handing him the ball into a crowd of blockers and D-linemen early in the game on that first drive. It's kind of funny watching a 260 lbs. RB get tackled so easy.