Thread: Coaching?

Coaching?

How is it that Mike Nolan can come up with a D scheme that pretty much dominated Tampa, and the 2 previous weeks the D looked less than stellar. Granted Tampa will need half the season to adjust to their Lovey staff, and NO and Cinci are 2 very good teams that can confuse defenses.

I know it's just 3 weeks in, but, Nolan has been here for several years, area's have been addressed but Dimitrof has padded the offense and thrown the D a couple of bones but has not concentrated on D. The secondary has been drafted and looks decent but are young. The D line are all unknowns, even Osi-manure which is second string and a situational player. .HAH a part time millionaire.

In the third game the D finally pressured the QB, this week they must be very careful to dedicate someone quick and nimble to spy Bridgewater or the pressure can backfire. So the question remains, can Nolan get it done again.

My only reasoning is these 2 coordinators we have has had ample time to win it all if they are that good. This year Nolan must fall on the sword if HIS D fails again. All reports on this man speak of his propensity to blitz. He must have left that in San Fran because since coming to Atlanta I can count on 1 hand the times he blitzed more than 4 times in a game. I'm sorry but I seriously doubt that is the standard for a blitzing team.
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Head Coach Material
    All the talk before the season about the Falcons defense proves no media member really knows anything. In fact I believe coaches feeds the media with disinformation on purpose.

Agreed,...85% of defensive formations has been in the base 5-2 defense, or the 4-3. We did see a cornerback blitz last Thursday night but that was one play.

Now we have to deal with the mobile, "new breed quarterback" as the media dubbed the black mobile running QB in Bridgewater. And I predict Bridgewater will rush for around AT LEAST 40 yards. Know why?

Cause Nolan will have his spy which takes away pass coverage which will mean more open lanes on pass routes and if that's successful early in the game it'll open up running lanes for the running QB. We kind of, as Falcons fans, know ALLLLLL about the running QB. We know how it works and we know it works at times.

Bridgewater proved Nolan needs to be fired, if he can't confuse a rookie, I did not see one time where this kid was confused and seldom pressured.

Smith was a defensive C at Jacksonville, he needs to do something to rattle his coach. Talent is there, the scheme used I can't understand, one play Bierman was covering a wide out.
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Head Coach Material
    That's ridiculous,...a DE covering a WR is ridiculous. It was the ZONE BLITZ but he had zero help on the top and it turned into a huge 1st down.