Thread: "CJ2K" - our new cancer

"CJ2K" - our new cancer

Wow, talk about tone deaf. This guy is stealing the touches he's getting now, but wants MORE??!

Ok, maybe not "cancer" yet, but we have seen this act before...

Jets RB Chris Johnson wants more carries

September, 25, 2014 Sep 25
    7:30
    PM ET

By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Chris Johnson wants the ball, but he understands why he's not getting it as much as he hopes.

Attributing his lack of carries to "game situations," not play calling, the New York Jets' running back said Thursday his efficiency will improve if his workload increases. But, no, he's not planning to complain to offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg.

Johnson

“It’s still early,” Johnson said. “I know what Marty wants to do, and I know what this offense wants to do. We want to run the ball. I don’t think it’s time right now to go in there and talk to Marty and try to tell him what he needs to do.”

Johnson has only 35 carries, but it's not like his backfield partner, Chris Ivory, is hogging the spotlight. Ivory has just 33 rushes, although he's averaging two more yards per attempt -- 5.7 to Johnson's 3.5.

"Of course we want to run the ball more times and get into where we run the ball 35, 40 times a game, and give us both the opportunity to get a chance to run the ball hard,” Johnson said. “I know we both envisioned probably getting more carries, not just us both getting 10, 12 apiece. Probably more than that. A lot of times, you’ve got to go how the game goes, and we’ve been put in situations where we’ve had to throw the ball.”

Well, not really.

In Monday night's loss to the Chicago Bears, the Jets got the ball with 3:10 left in the game, still having two timeouts, plus the two-minute warning. There was no need to panic, but they passed on 11 of 12 plays. Mornhinweg forgot about his running backs, a glaring oversight considering the Bears' porous run defense.

Double-A will remain at CB: It looks like the Antonio Allen-to-cornerback experiment is permanent. Defensive coordinator Dennis Thurman said they will keep the former safety at cornerback and evaluate the move after the season.

"I don't see how we can go back," Thurman said.

Keep your money: Defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson said he wasn't fined for his roughing-the-passer penalty on the Bears' Jay Cutler.
    Last edited by ibleedgreen; 09-26-2014 at 11:55 AM.

He is right in one sense. TOUCHES. I would say the better guy right now is Ivory and he should be getting at least 20 plus touches a game. This 10 and 10 crap is garbage. Last weeks game Ivory was strong and i thought he got hurt because they failed to use him at all late in the 4th or at all in the 4th qtr. I like to give RB who are hot the ball all game. yeah give them a breather but just put the cart behind them and let them roll and thats Ivory right now.

It's not gonna work if he's not the workhorse back.

That's his game.
    Last edited by ganggreen76; 09-26-2014 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sincityjetsfan View Post
    He is right in one sense. TOUCHES. I would say the better guy right now is Ivory and he should be getting at least 20 plus touches a game. This 10 and 10 crap is garbage. Last weeks game Ivory was strong and i thought he got hurt because they failed to use him at all late in the 4th or at all in the 4th qtr. I like to give RB who are hot the ball all game. yeah give them a breather but just put the cart behind them and let them roll and thats Ivory right now.
    ME too! Is he ok??!

He was tearing it up early and late and then he disappeared!

I thought Powell was INACTIVE, till he made a cameo at the end of the game and ran the same d@mn plays they gave to CJ and got tough yardage. CJ just dances and looks to go down easy.

I'll tell ya what, there should be more touches for Ivory and Powell and LESS for CJ. MM has some disturbing tendencies that remind me a bit of Schoddy in that he likes to spread it around over feeding the hot hand. It's like he was a script to get as many people involved as possible and that takes precedence over the flow of the game. Hackett-esque too!

Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen76 View Post

That's his game.
    Shaddup!!!!

Coach in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen76 View Post

That's his game.
    If he wants to be a workhorse back, he needs to not suck.

CJ wouldbe better utilized in the passing game, let Ivory and Powell carry the ball and CJ catch the ball, that is when he is the most effective, and with our depleted WR Corps, that is where he is most needed.

Quote Originally Posted by twoink View Post
    If he wants to be a workhorse back, he needs to not suck.
    Square peg in a round hole.

Some guys are born to be leading men not role players.

It's no secret CJ wanted no part of a RB by committee in Tenessee so it's no surpise he wants no part of being in one here.

If they're not gonna make him the guy they should go ahead and try to trade him or cut him. We're not gonna see the guy we hoped to see in his current role.

Same with Vick. Go out and sign a QB with a simiar skill set like Terrelle Pryor and teach him the system to back up Geno Sanchez.

I don't blame them for being unhappy with how they're being used but at the same time they signed the contract. Shut up and do your job.

Team harmony/peace is most important.