Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: John Idzik is Flounder

John Idzik is Flounder

Re: Animal House

As everyone knows, Flounder was a legacy pledge and thats what got him in Delta despite being a complete dork.

The NFL is a lot like that, they have legacy hires too, and John Idzik is a perfect example, his father was an NFL lifer and his son made enough connections to always have a nice cushy job in the NFL. Nobody knows exactly what he did other than counting money, but he got some fancy titles and made a good living, and then, when the Jets had an opening at GM, he had enough friends in high places to recommend him to Woody Johnson, and Woody, not knowing jackshit about football, was easily fooled in the interview process by a guy who has been around the league all of his life and really knows the lingo, knows the right things to say, and suddenly Flounder had his own football team to run.

Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 09-23-2014 at 06:59 PM.

Team Owner
    Woody wanted his money house in order, thus he brings in Johnny Molasses the paper pusher.

An amateur hour novice hack of a football man. But hey he's a "grown up" and is very deliberate and calculated in all his decisions, rejoice jet fans.

For all of Tannenbaum's faults, he never would allowed the CB and WR positions to be in this sort of shape, he'd have made a trade or signed a couple veterans to stop the bleeding.

Quote Originally Posted by pope View Post
    Woody wanted his money house in order, thus he brings in Johnny Molasses the paper pusher.

An amateur hour novice hack of a football man. But hey he's a "grown up" and is very deliberate and calculated in all his decisions, rejoice jet fans.

For all of Tannenbaum's faults, he never would allowed the CB and WR positions to be in this sort of shape, he'd have made a trade or signed a couple veterans to stop the bleeding.
    Lets not revise history here please. Tanny DID allow the WR position to go to shit. Go check out the roster in 2011 and 2012. Tanny also made lots of trades...for Tim Tebow, for Lito Sheppard, etc. Tanny was done here and being that he is still without a GM job, I dont think we lost Paul Brown. The problem was Tannys replacement, after a $100K consulting fee to a head hunter, was not the best choice. Not by a long shot. But Woodys inexperience and his insistance on keeping Rex scared away a lot of candidates. But in the end it was Woody's decision and once again it looks like he scrwed it up. So keepig track... thats 3 GMs and 4 HCs now on Woodys 14 year watch.

Team Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by MSGold12 View Post
    Lets not revise history here please. Tanny DID allow the WR position to go to shit. Go check out the roster in 2011 and 2012. Tanny also made lots of trades...for Tim Tebow, for Lito Sheppard, etc. Tanny was done here and being that he is still without a GM job, I dont think we lost Paul Brown. The problem was Tannys replacement, after a $100K consulting fee to a head hunter, was not the best choice. Not by a long shot. But Woodys inexperience and his insistance on keeping Rex scared away a lot of candidates. But in the end it was Woody's decision and once again it looks like he scrwed it up. So keepig track... thats 3 GMs and 4 HCs now on Woodys 14 year watch.
    I'm not saying Tanny was a good GM, I'm saying he would have at least tried, he wouldn't have sent Rex out there with one hand tied behind his back WHILE THERE WAS $20MILL in the coffers.

He may not have made the correct move but at least he'd have made it.

I'm not saying Tanny was a good GM, I'm saying he would have at least tried, he wouldn't have sent Rex out there with one hand tied behind his back WHILE THERE WAS $20MILL in the coffers.

He may not have made the correct move but at least he'd have made it.
    That is true for Rex on D...but he did allow the WR corp to go to shit wihtout making anyb moves.

Team Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by MSGold12 View Post
    That is true for Rex on D...but he did allow the WR corp to go to shit wihtout making anyb moves.

Holmes hurt his foot, hill turned into a bust, he drafted him in the 2nd round.

If Holmes is healthy, Hill doesn't bust they're more than fine at WR.

Again he wasn't always right but he tried, the jets didn't have $20 mill in cap space either back then.

Deshawn Jackson is a jet if Tannenbaum were still the jets GM and Antonio Allen wouldn't be playing CB
    Last edited by pope; 09-23-2014 at 04:52 PM.

Deshawn Jackson is a jet if Tannenbaum were still the jets GM
    And if he wasn't it wouldn't be because Tanny didn't even try to bring in Jackson, and if he whiffed on Jackson, he would have at least signed Steve Smith or James Jones or someone of that ilk to team with Decker, no way he stops at JUST DECKER, not if we had all that cap space and a glaring need to upgrade the WR core as a whole.

I'm not saying Tanny was a good GM, he wasn't, but I agree with Pope that at least he tried to cover all of the bases and he didn't sleepwalk thru free agency.
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 09-23-2014 at 04:58 PM.

Tanny would have never sat on his thumb like Idzik has. But many times it would have been better if Tanny HAD sat on his thumb! There has got to be a happy medium between JOhnny Molasus and (over)TRader Mike.

Holmes hurt his foot, hill turned into a bust, he drafted him in the 2nd round.

If Holmes is healthy, Hill doesn't bust they're more than fine at WR.

Again he wasn't always right but he tried, the jets didn't have $20 mill in cap space either back then.

Deshawn Jackson is a jet if Tannenbaum were still the jets GM and Antonio Allen wouldn't be playing CB
    And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle! Holmes was an awful signing and Hill was a stupid draft choice. And he let Bray walk and dumped Cotchery for nada and replaced them with post Jail Plex and a washed up Mason. He could have just kept Bray and Cotch and been better off. The WR collapse happeend on HIS watch.