Thread: TNF a short week

Head Coach Material

TNF a short week

When the Falcons play the Bucs,...oh no not again and this early!

When the Falcons play the Panthers it's gonna be a good clean game, usually close. When the Falcons play the Saints it's like who knows what will happen. In lots of cases the lesser of the two teams win the game. The Bucs? Whenever the Bucs and Falcons play it usually has definite consequences good and bad.

Remember the Bucs were in the NFC North until realignment. The Falcons faced the Bucs twice before 2002 and both games were not pretty. Lots of personal fouls and fights and it continued after realignment when the new NFC South Division was created. Something about Tampa hates Atlanta maybe I dunno.

Damn this is a short week. The Bucs come in ofer and the Falcons look like the University of Alabama could take them right now, you know those elephants or whatever they worship in Alabama.

The Bucs QB reminds me of the Bengals QB, efficient but can throw downfield. It was difficult to predict Sunday's game in Cincy, but even I wouldn't have predicted Ryan throws 3 INTs. That alone,...even after all the sacks, no team can overcome poor play, yeah some do but it's rare.

Okay one last thing. The Bengals exposed the Falcons O-line AND the D-line. Another performance by those two units like what we saw in Cincy will mean a home loss in prime time baby!

The Bucs don't wanna be embarrassed in prime time but I have a feeling the Falcons aren't into embarrassing well,...because they can't.

All I can say is d a m man, the Bucs are much much better than how they played, the old birds had several games like that playing the 49'rs twice a year in their hayday. It is as if it were a bad dream, and I honestly did not enjoy the game for several reasons. For one the starters should have been pulled sooner, if for no other reason than to get some game time for backups, There was an admission by the TV ref that some minor infractions are overlooked, the push off in the end zone was too blatant not to call IMO, I still feel the Bucs would have gotten 6 by running the ball.

Like I said, falcon fans have faced that ugly dragon several times, and there is no mercy in the NFL, nor should there be
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Head Coach Material
    Yes,...it wasn't fun to watch after 24-0 much less 31-0 or even 38-0. That kind of pleasure is granted, by the NFL gods, only to Patriots fans so see they be used to that. As you note Niners fans enjoyed routs against the Falcons and Saints, even the Rams back in the 80's and earl 90's,...so be it. It was a nice win, as a win is a win. The way officials approach the game is a joke. Their new union might be more powerful than the player's union headed by Maurice SMITH. don't forget that name.

Are we in for the same fate, playing NY Gints with them having 10 days to prepare after their Thursday night game.
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Head Coach Material
    The question should always be answered. The Vikings will face the Falcons with all that rest Sunday, late Sunday @ 4:30 ET.There's gonna be people looking up odd stats about rested teams, so forth,...NONE about how a trip to England does to a team. Something we'll see soon. I hope the Falcons wear their throwback unis to spite Goodell, but they won't. The money the city of Atlanta USA lost to an NFL game being played in London. Thanks Goodell. The city will lose millions, even if it were the Buffalo Bills, the city and area would make money.

There's no excuse these fined tuned athletes should ever get tired during a gae with all the delays and commercials.

Oh no, the NFL will have a direct feed to the dome so fans can go watch it to maintain the game day experience.

Head Coach Material
    OH YES, go to the dome. Ya might be sitting around 100 idiots.