Thread: Saints fans back in Atlanta!

Head Coach Material

Saints fans back in Atlanta!

It's party time this coming Sunday morning! Oh the memories from the old stadium days when everything was outside and Saints fans would invade tail gate parties. We learned to bring more beer and food when the Saints came to town. And they were, ARE so much fun people.

Okay,...the Saints will score at least 4 touchdowns, 1 a quarter or maybe none in a quarter and two in another and two field goals. That's 34 points. So how will the Falcons deal with this? They have two choices. One is to try to outscore the Saints with a control type passing game the other is to control the ball on the ground and keep Brees off the field as much as possible. I haven't checked the line because it don't matter unless you're wagering money on the match. Even then it's like who knows?

This is the Falcons Super Bowl in wekk #1,...I know call me crazy. But a loss to start this season could have a domino effect especially where and which team the Falcons face in week #2.

Always, ALWAYS watch for some wierd stuff to happen Sunday in the game.

Saints 34
    Falcons 31

Kicking a dead horse again, with our D, the Saints could easily put up 40+ IF their D doesn't score, it could get ugly
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Head Coach Material
    Pardon moi sounding like the talking heads, as you make a great point. The Saints defense is superb at causing turnovers. Keep their defense from getting a 6-pick or any fumble recovry and there's a chance to win the game. Conversely if the Falcons get 2 or 3 turnovers it could make the contest closer. Turnovers OHHHHHHH and pen-al-ties could decide it.

Upper Deck, On the Rail
    Actually last year we sucked at turnovers. That was our weakness (thus why we got Byrd).

This game is going to be a knock-down-drag-out. Same as the last two meetings.
    I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. - Thomas Jefferson

Head Coach Material
    Listen to xardoz, you can't fool me man. It's so difficult to know everything about all 32 NFL teams unless you've hired 6 people to give you a mosaic of relevent things. Did that even make sense? Yes, yes, it was the Super Bowl winning season the Saints defense was just incredible,...a defense that gave people who believe stats are worthless a great argument in fact. But I know the Saints practiced heavily in training camp, working on stripping the ball, hampering WRs with incidental contact(all NFL defenses do that though), and teaching how to put the helmet on the football. THAT'S the kicker because even with the new rules, crown of the helmet, it's still being taught because it works causing fumbles.

Yeah man, I like you as a fellow NFL/NFCSouth fan but I agree,...it could get very ugly. And may I pound my chest,...today on ESPN a talking head agreed with my thinking this is the Falcons Super Bowl.

Upper Deck, On the Rail
    I feel ya'
    We are in your house. That alone is worth 3 points.
    ... and y'all got nuthin' to lose. That makes the Birds dangerous.
    I do not believe the "superbowl" stuff. But y'all definately are on an upswing after last year. I still see Atlanta as the #1 competition in the division. But what do I know? Not a hell of a lot.
    On big question I have:
    Under the current coaching staff, the Falcons have usually been really disciplined. Or do you think they are gonna bring back the dirty birds on D? (With all the talk about being tough). Can they do both? Can any team, for that matter?
    When I think of tough; I think of the dome patrol, Iron curtain, orange crush and dudes like Chuck Benardick (sp), Dick Butkis and Lyle Alzaedo. Those teams were nasty!
    Last edited by xardoz; 09-07-2014 at 11:57 PM.
    I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. - Thomas Jefferson

Upper Deck, On the Rail
    Congrats on the win!

Way to exoloit an over-aggressive defense in the second half.

Thanks man, it was just like you said a hard fought battle from both sides. It helped us to play our last preseason game on a Thursday. That said, just like Pen I love the 2 meetings with the Saints. Like you said it's always like a playoff game no matter the records. It's as good as any nfc north rivalry.
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.