Thread: Pattellar tendon torn

Head Coach Material

Pattellar tendon torn

Fascinating, because that's the tendon they use to reconstruct a knee with an ACL tear. They cut the middle of the pattellar, I always thought it was called a patella, and run it where the torn ACL goes and they attach it with aluminum screws.

Dammit man,...I'm already getting sick of this season just because of the players we've lost ALREADY. Yes, I know a few other teams have lost several players too but c'mon this is ridiculous. I'm moving in Goodell's direction about having only 2 preseason games. But I wouldn't make it an 18 game season. That would cause more harm to players and their safety than anything imo. Problem is when you buy a total season ticket package it comes with 10 home games. Get it?

So now Matt Ryan's blind-side is in jeopardy when he's gonna *try* to throw the ball.

Last night's game,...the Texans are a good football team and they play straight up without the bs like trash talking. The Falcons looked like a team without a leader. Shit, all the fucking leaders are walking around on crutches. Sorry,...it just don't look like I'll be spending much money on football Sundays knowing the Falcons are gonna revert back to the 80's and maybe win 5 games at best.

OR watching games on Sundays, why sit and watch one flag after another, why all of the sudden are they enforcing the rules along with the typical bogus holding calls. The gloves these db's wear are tacky, if a zebra sees that jersey pulled AT ALL he's throwing laundry on a hold that in no way affected the player or the play, again I ask why now? will this follow into the season. I won't waste a beautiful Sunday in the south to watch that!
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Head Coach Material
    IF they had been enforcing the rules all along teams wouldn't be doing drills in which WRs and DBs look like they're intentionally expecting contact,...past 5 yards. So all the sudden we're gonna call everything?

But the Falcons appear to be a team in severe decline unless the backups can step up and with the schemes, who knows? Well Hell, I know. Going into 2014 the starting MLB is lost, the starting right tackle gone causing the rookie tackle to move to the left side and a journyman to start at right tackle. A fine LB was lost, a rookie, but could've would've been some help.

Here's the thing. It's been 7 years now and the damned PROCESS has given us playoff games, thank you. Matty Ice has already eclipsed the Falcons record books,...Ryan is the finest Falcons QB to play in Atlanta EVER! In almost 5 decades this guy is the best QB the Falcons has ever produced.

We'll be watching the games anyway. And who knows? Some unknown gem may surprise us. I sure as Hell hope so.

Upper Deck, On the Rail
    Ryan better than Bartowski? (did I spell it right?)

just as a note,
    Usually they use the hamstring tendon because it actively grows/regenerates.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsq0sQp6DwU
    I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. - Thomas Jefferson

Head Coach Material
    My doctor who reconstructed my knee also did Chipper Jones knee. My injury may have been different because I hurt it 3 times and man, hurting a knee like that hurts like hell. Doc Royster carved my pattelar in two and used the middle strip to run into back of my knee but that's fascinating about the hamstring. In any case it seems to me you're weakening one parrt of the body to help another.

I love Bart he was great. One of the pure passers which ever graced a field. imo Ryan is the finest Falcons QB in franchise history. Bartkowski dealt with awful O-lines too and it may have cost him phyiscally cause he got blasted from 1975, the year he was drafted, to 1978. That's just 3 seasons but gawd did he take a beating.

Maybe I'll post more about this thanks zardoz. We remember lots of great Saints QBs too.

Quote Originally Posted by Penumbra View Post
    Fascinating, because that's the tendon they use to reconstruct a knee with an ACL tear. They cut the middle of the pattellar, I always thought it was called a patella, and run it where the torn ACL goes and they attach it with aluminum screws.

Dammit man,...I'm already getting sick of this season just because of the players we've lost ALREADY. Yes, I know a few other teams have lost several players too but c'mon this is ridiculous. I'm moving in Goodell's direction about having only 2 preseason games. But I wouldn't make it an 18 game season. That would cause more harm to players and their safety than anything imo. Problem is when you buy a total season ticket package it comes with 10 home games. Get it?

So now Matt Ryan's blind-side is in jeopardy when he's gonna *try* to throw the ball.

Last night's game,...the Texans are a good football team and they play straight up without the bs like trash talking. The Falcons looked like a team without a leader. Shit, all the fucking leaders are walking around on crutches. Sorry,...it just don't look like I'll be spending much money on football Sundays knowing the Falcons are gonna revert back to the 80's and maybe win 5 games at best.
    My formula for cutting to 2 preseason games.

First, you have to consider that each team gets the revenues from 2 preseason home games and 8 regular season games. 10 games. So how do you do that without making this an 18-game season?

You can't. However, you have to look at the product--nobody really wants to go to the preseason games. Instead, each team should promote an inter-squad scrimmage, with live bands, fireworks, cheerleaders, etc. This would generate some income and stimulate interest--I imagine season tickets would be purchased, etc. Not the cure all, by any means, but football fans are starved in August. Charlotte had nearly 40,000 attend a football scrimmage that was not promoted on a friday afternoon. This is not the big idea, however.

In addition, each team plays 1 game at a neutral site. It could be in England, Spain, etc. Teams split the revenues. There would be some profit sharing, but teams would be allowed to sell their own merchandise and keep the profits; they would get a percentage of the gate. Since each neutral site would have a full season of football (8 games) the NFL could sell season tickets in foreign countries.

So the schedule increases to 17 games, but the number of preseason games drops to 2. Yes, this would necessitate a loss of income on the surface, but since season ticket prices would basically remain the same (basically, the kickoff classic replaces one of the home preseason games), the fans would still be paying for 10 games, but the owners would be giving them 9 ( a kickoff classic, 1 preseason game, 8 home games). In addition, the neutral site games would generate more income than teams were making before. When you consider the TV package rates with an additional game, the increased income is pretty significant. The preseason games are not currently a part of that package.

Fans get 17 regular season games, players play a total of 19 games instead of 20, owners make more money.
    Last edited by catamount; 08-22-2014 at 11:26 AM.
    Nolledge is Pouer.

Upper Deck, On the Rail
    Quote Originally Posted by Penumbra View Post
    Doc Royster carved my pattelar in two and used the middle strip to run into back of my knee but that's fascinating about the hamstring. In any case it seems to me you're weakening one parrt of the body to help another.
    Holy Flying Carp Batman!
    Yoikes! Damn that sounds nasty!
    I pulled my bicep tendon out a couple years ago and that hurt like hell (the surgery-the pull felt like any other muscle pull) so I cannot imagine that one. I have sprained ligaments and I had a partial MCL tear after a hit-and-run got me on my bicycle - but NOTHING like that!
    You win.
    I hope that your knee better. *shudders*
    I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. - Thomas Jefferson

It is as good a formula as any they've reported on, it all depends on the Benjamin's and the CBA. Personally I think it was just something Goodell thought he could put HIS stamp on
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Head Coach Material
    Ahhh, it's gonna always hurt xard but things often don't feel good until it hurts if that makes sense.

Cat you are amazing. Your formula makes more damn sense than anything I heard. Not so sure about the live bands unless Metallica is playing for the Raiders(which they've already done). But your idea of having it a scrimmage of sorts with parties, after all, preseason is the last vestige of warm weather so that idea is exceptional.