Thread: Well duh

Head Coach Material

Well duh

Your first game of the season you're facing the Saints. What defense do you play to start the game? Well duh huh. You start out with 5 D-backs duh. Even if the Saints try to run the ball you must have 3 corners out there and two safeties.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ickel-defense/

Apparently my ass. And never underestimate Sean Payton. He could start the season running the ball against a defense in the nickel,...to start with. Payton loves to throw the ball. After he goes up in score running the ball then he'd throw it to put the game out of hand.

Upper Deck, On the Rail
    It is a copy-cat league.
    Everyone in Saints-land are talking about the 3-3-5 that the Saints run, so do you think that is rubbing off? Could it be because of the injuries of you LB's?
    I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. - Thomas Jefferson

Head Coach Material
    Intersting point you made. Due to injury and having to play guys who haven't proven anything, why not use some exotic stuff? I don't think the Falcons defense can fool Brees/Payton unless it's really exotic. Like something Brees has never seen which imo he's gonna light some butts regardless. Jett posted about the unknown defense. And it's really unknown what they'll do or how they'll play. Could be a positive, let's hope.

The Saints defense,...all I know about them is they're coming for the QB/the ball.

LB's is where we are dealing with some unknowns, and now with injuries they are going with a system requiring more LB's. How can you...........rise up...LOL knowing this. I'll gladly eat my words if it works, but I just can't see this working very well.
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Head Coach Material
    We lost another defender the other day, 4th round pick, linebacker with an ACL. And the freaking beat goes on.