Thread: Just back off until preseason

Head Coach Material

Just back off until preseason

It's so difficult predicting how a team will fare at this time of the year. Right now everything's on paper until September.

Torn paper.

This rookie is now hurt and so is the LB Angryboy. He has a concussion. The RB Jackson is hurt so it looks like a long season already.

I dunno, but it seems players back in the 70's and 80's didn't have all these injuries. Could it be that having time away from the game, drinking and partying for three months is better than making it a 365 type thing? Lifting weights is one thing but when we have these hamstring pulls and ligament tears it seems something ain't right. Yeah yeah athletes today have stronger muscles and tendons/bones don't match the torque and all that but it's ridiculous the number of injuries after OTAs and pretty much a year-round job.

So the question is,...are Mike Smith's Club Med training camps causing these hurts? John Abraham held out of every training camp when he was a Jet. Herm Edwards? His very first training camp was with the Falcons. Ahem.

Upper Deck, On the Rail
    Part of the reason for all the pulls is that these guys are Totally Buff. These guys put on muscle to fast. When the muscle outgrows the tendons, they pull easier.
    Donte' Stallworth had that problem for years with the Saints. It seems to be more popular with the younger players.

NFL conditioning is crazy.
    I liked it better when they partied and drank. It gave you more photo-ops when Ya went down to Bourbon St. the night before a game. ;)
    I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. - Thomas Jefferson

Head Coach Material
    Donte Stallworth,...yeah I remember him well. Another Falcons killer. They still push the roids, and the diets these guys have, all the enzyme stuff they eat, all the steak you can eat, seafood, pasta, etc.

It is crazy I agree, when it comes down to never taking a break on Bourbon ST. Night before the game?lawl Well, we had a guy get arrested in Miami the night before a Super Bowl, so, that's funny.

Guys used to play hurt, but now the nfl must worry about law suits
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.