Thread: Reps for the backups

Head Coach Material

Reps for the backups

As Steven Jackson heals from a hammie, three backups are taking all the reps. All three are pretty much unknowns but what this does is give them time learning and being active in the offense.

Mike Smith claims Jackson will be ready to go come the game with the Saints. I'll tell you what Smith, you best keep 4 running backs on the roster because Jackson will never play 16 games ever in his career from now on.

I sound kindof cold there but Jackson was washed up last season, signed a nice contract and gets hurt.

Anyway, the backups are getting ready for the season.

A back up lineman is now out for the season probably, what worried me was to read how many we have on the roster this year that was on the practice squad last year.........

Now named the Atlanta Replacements
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Head Coach Material
    And not just Falcons practice squad players as you pointed out. Some of those marginal practice players were practice players on other teams. Given there's always a gem out there like Eric Weems was for two seasons but this is not the practice of most NFL teams. I wonder if it's all about money and the contracts.

Blank has thrown money into created positions, front office positions, maybe it would be better spent on players that were too good to be on the practice squads.
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.