Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 90 of 90

Thread: David Berlinski exposes the farce that is Darwinian evolution

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by AFL12 View Post
    Hey Bit, do you believe that there was a real person named Jesus who lived in 33 AD? and that he commanded 12 apostles, the most famous of which are john and paul (no ringo)?? do you believe one of these men was martyred for his beliefs?
    I believe those facts to be true. But like everything else in this thread, it can't be proven.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by slikmojet View Post
    Isaiah 40:22- It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers, Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.



    The Bible is not a scientific book, but when it states something scientific, it is right every time. Throughout the centuries people just like Bit, who claim to have read the Bible from cover to cover missed this little gem. He who sits above the circle of the earth' the prophet says, how did the prophet Isaiah know the earth was round? Isaiah who lived 800 years before Christ? The smart men of the time, the scientists of the time were debating whether it was an elephant or a whale who sustained the earth. In the meantime Isaiah so beautifully describes the roundess of the planet and the "grasshoppers" who inhabit it. Now was the Bible a human invention, or was it inspired by the creator? I will let Bit answer this since he claims to have read the Bible from cover to cover.

    there world being round was postulated as early as 300 years before Christ.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eratosthenes

    While living in Alexandria, Eratosthenes received some amazing correspondence from the city of Syene in southern Egypt. In particular, it said that, on the Summer Solstice, the shadow of someone looking down a deep well would block the reflection of the Sun at noon.

    In other words, the Sun would be directly overhead at this time, not a single degree to the South, North, East or West. And if you had a completely vertical object, it would cast absolutely no shadow.
    That's just the hard proof we have. It's entirely possible that philosophers believed it to be true during Isaiah's time.

    There's this idea that the world being flat was the belief well into the 1500's etc. That's not entirely true. The rotation of the Earth around the Sun was the hot topic of the day. The Earth being a sphere was talked about for literally thousands of years.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    I believe those facts to be true. But like everything else in this thread, it can't be proven.
    They're kind of obvious facts, I doubt the most liberal of all critics would deny their existence. anyway what I want to know from a disbeliever is, what do you think drove these gentleman to make up this wild story of a CHRIST, what do you think this group was thinking?

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    Again, watch Trey Smith's video and tell me if he doesn't smash Darwinian theory?
    I just watched the Trey Smith video.

    That guy doesn't have a command of basic science. It's just that simple. He talks incessantly about how DNA is perfect with no extra instructions or whatever. It's not true. Mutations occur. We can see it happen in a bacteria that grows resistant to anti-biotics. We can see it in the Tibetans who can breathe normally at 10,000 feet above sea level (again you still haven't commented on that, I've looked at all your links. Why do I have to be the only one to open his mind to new information?)

    Essentially he reducing everything to the fact that everything is so amazing, there had to be a creator. Or something along those lines.

    If you want to disprove evolution, that's actually valid. There's not enough evidence to make evolution a law. No one witnessed it happen over millions of years. we can't run an evolution experiment over millions of years. The time frame makes it unproveable. It's just a theory with tons of evidence .

    So... by the way where is the evidence of creation? If evidence is so important?

    Creationists don't have ANY evidence. All they have is mind games. That's not science it's philosophy.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by AFL12 View Post
    They're kind of obvious facts, I doubt the most liberal of all critics would deny their existence. anyway what I want to know from a disbeliever is, what do you think drove these gentleman to make up this wild story of a CHRIST, what do you think this group was thinking?

    Who said Christ was made up? I didn't say that.

    Honestly I don't think that believing in evolution is exclusive to atheists. It's entirely possible to believe intelligent design and live in a world where Darwin and the Bible can co-exist. They did for Darwin. He was a Christian like all of the believers in this thread.

    If your pastors and church leaders are telling you that evolution is against the Bible, that's not true.

    God is great, are you guys saying He can't make evolution?

  6. #86
    Yeah and Isaiah lived 800 years before Christ.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

  7. #87
    "So... by the way where is the evidence of creation? If evidence is so important?"


    Wow, this is rich... Where is the evidence he says, when it's all around him!
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

  8. #88
    THere is evidence of spontaneous creation, there is no evidence of evolution, and name me one example of a succesful mutation please
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by slikmojet View Post
    THere is evidence of spontaneous creation, there is no evidence of evolution, and name me one example of a succesful mutation please
    When a plant gains resistance to roundup, that's a successful mutation. Especially if that plant is unwanted in the garden.

    In humans, how about the sherpas?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-al...tion_in_humans

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by slikmojet View Post
    Yeah and Isaiah lived 800 years before Christ.
    Ok what is the proof of that? Quantum leap??


    but for the sake of argument, Erosthenes lived 300 years before Christ. Maybe he copied it from someone who lived in Isaiah's time. The records don't go back that far.

    If the Great Library at Alexandria doesn't burned down maybe we would have scrolls from 800 years before Christ. Or 5000 years before Christ from the Pharoahs.


    BTW the book of Isaiah may have been written by God Himself but it has been edited, re-translated for thousands of years. People add and take away stuff from the Bible through the years. Just my opinion, NIV isn't better than King James. Give me the thous and the begats every day of the week over the touchy feely NIV.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO