Thread: See ya'll in training camp

Head Coach Material

See ya'll in training camp

Kind of went over the O-line and running backs so it's halfway through July and everyone is having fun on vacation before training camp. GO JOHNNY FOOTBALL!!! Have yourself a ball on the beach with girls in bikinis and plenty of ale. Better him do that rather than soil himself with the women in strip clubs like where many, many NFL players tend to congregate. So Johnny, you go boy and get the good stuff while 10 year NFL vets have to pay a lady that has been used, so to speak. ewwww

It's easy from here on out for now. The Falcons have solid kickers, plenty of talent to man special teams,...and btw, the Falcons dwell on special teams and have been one of the best in kick coverage and scoring for the last 6 seasons. They just couldn't score TDs 1st and goal from the 5 yard line so the field goal numbers are inflated. I swear last season we'd be at the 6 yard line 1st and goal and wind up attemting a 33 yard field goal after bumbling penalties and other stupid stuff like sacks.

The defense,...who the freak knows? A new safety, two new linebackers at least and two new defensive linemen, three counting the rookie all 6'6" and 295 pounds. It's a 3-4 they said to start and now they're saying it's gonna be a defense "in flux." Guess when you lose your quarterback of the defense for the season things will be in flux losing a leader with the green dot on his helmet.

Training camp starts soon. In Flowery Branch it'll be like a vacation for the 70-some-odd players trying to make the roster. They'll be hydrated often, fed like Kings and have all the luxuries they deserve for sacrificing they bodies like they do in the name of entertainment.

Football is around the corner close!

Upper Deck, On the Rail
    It is going to be interesting how they look this year.
    You still have a good core of players, but last year your "Big-Uglys" (Oline/Dline) did not hold up their end of the bargain. Your QB and RB's got tee'd off on. Same thing happened to the Saints last year when they switched to zone blocking - the Center and Left Tackle could not adjust their game well. Good teams take advantage of that.
    I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. - Thomas Jefferson

Head Coach Material
    OHHHHHHHHHH,...the Saints went to zone blocking? Man, good grief the Falcons have been trying to get out of that but ya know, it seems an easy way to do things I dunno. I miss the pulling of guards, the pulling of tackles, the pulling of centers even to create a run of maybe 20 yards. I miss the trap block, and it can be done anywhere along the offensive line, left side, middle, right side. I loved to watch the Cowboys and the Falcons back in the late 80's when O-linemen were expected to be athletes too. Ya'll don't need no pulling guards. Breeze is a yardage gaining factory at high gear.