Thread: Thinking positive

Head Coach Material

Thinking positive

Losing the starting middle linebacker in the OTA is enough to start thinking cursed again. Damn ya'll,...at least the Cowboys linebacker who tore his ACL got coverage. Poor Falcons Witherspoon, a high draft pick, gets a ticker about his achilles being ruptured.

This is absolutely devastating for the Falcons defense. Reports are out the Falcons want to sign,...pfffft Vilma? Okay, let me get a little angry here.

YOU drafted TWO linebackers last month in the 7th round. PLAY THOSE MFERS gdammit. Vilma? what a damned joke this franchise must appear to the rest of the NFL tribe.

Cursed,...to lose a top player in June is a curse.

But to be positive, sometimes when bad things keep happening it turns out to be a good thing, or something like.

Yeah I'm digging.

Upper Deck, On the Rail
    I was going to post 'Spoonies injury report, but I did not want to make it look like I was "rubbing it in..."

How does your depth at MLB/ILB look? Are the rookies looking competent in OTA's?
    Shembo, Starr or Smallwood? (I know they are OLB)
    Bartu?
    Spruril?

The list of Free Agents that the Falcons were looking at was Vilma, Dobbins, Harrison, Fletcher and Angerer. I would say the latter would be my choice, but I think Harrison still has something left in the tank.

Vilma was a good cover LB, in his day, but I think his knees are not up to it.
    I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. - Thomas Jefferson

Head Coach Material
    You've always been straight, so I know you'd never rub it in with a post. My fellow Falcons fans can't unnerstand why I like the Saints. Guess I'll have to post the reasons again to get it through their heads.

Funny thing, due to injuries last season the Falcons were forced to play undrafted guys in the secondary and yes, two linebackers were thrown into the fire. They are capable special teamers but not the spoon out there.

Yeah, Vilma is pretty much washed but maybe effective more defending the run.

Why is it the defense is so unknown every year since the D coordinator has been hired, I know personnel has a lot to do with your scheme but the players need a system they don't need a quarter of the season to get acclimated to it.
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Head Coach Material
    What I found funny was this "going to a 3-4 defense" crap. The Falcons have used the 4-3, basically, but have gone to four linebackers with a deep safety set many times the last three seasons. Granted it's not all the time but they have been in that set many times that the media seems to miss.

Sometimes I think Jerry Glanville had it right. Put all 11 men on the line and get the damn football.

Upper Deck, On the Rail
    Well it looks like y'all picked up Angerer...
    He looks like a better option than the Saints picking up linebacker Marcus Thompson (x-Dolphin)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-with-falcons/
    I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. - Thomas Jefferson

I know nothing of him, what's your take on him

After looking at his past it seems he's average at best, maybe he will stay healthy this season.
    Last edited by Jett; 07-26-2014 at 12:38 AM.
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.