• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A
    NFLfans processing...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bridgewater

Celebrating in the 1st Deck
    Moving upto pick 32 to get Bridgewater was a great move. With the Texans picking 33 and the Raiders at 36 both Bridgewater and Carr were likely gone before our pick at 40. Moving up to 32 not only allowed us to get ahead of the QB run at the start of the 2nd round it also makes Bridgewater a 1st round pick mean the Vikings will have the 5th year option on him.

GREAT MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    All he does is catch TOUCHDOWNS!!!!!!!!!!

agreed...it was just a few months ago when there was online chatter from everyone struggling about "tanking for teddy". two months ago he was the number one pick atop every draft board. I was a JF fan as he reminded me of fran so much but the fact is, BW is a guy who can read a defense and doesn't dump to the first guy he looks at...and he continually improves. I think we have the real deal here and while he may have less crazy highlights on television than manziel i think he is going to get us more wins. the guy has an AP quality character too and that means a lot after all the shit we have been through over the years.

congrats everyone. our first round was A plus. may we find a gem in the later rounds that surprises us all.

cant wait for next year. it's going to be fun to watch this team grow up. we now have one of the better young cores in the entire league.

Season Tickets, First Deck
    I am not too sure about the first pick. He seams like a project and could be a bust. I would have much rather drafted Aaron Donald. But I am assuming Zimmer has a plan for this kid. I thought the trade for Bridgewater was brilliant and they got a great talent at great value.

Coach in Training
    Great move to get Bridgewater. I'd read a lot of reports saying they were really interested in him and that he was the best QB in the draft, intellect wise, for Turner's offense. Nice to get a guy like that and have the luxury to sit him for a year or even two also. Great pick.

i was such a johnny football fan...and all the way up until today did i kind of still wish...but the more i dig into bw the guy just seems like such a great guy...shows constant growth...great leadership...will be a stand up guy in the community. we could not have done better. i saw the JF party video from last night and he was out being a fool getting wasted with stripper looking women...then i read a nasty article about his family being grifters and crooks and well...holy cow did we miss that boat perfectly.

I hope Teddy comes out and kicks major ass this spring and takes the job from the clowns we have now. If it takes two years so be it...but I really thing he is smart enough and the fact that it is a new O clears the slate and gets he, bozo and krusty on equal footing from the start. I can't wait to see how he does in the pre-season.

i think he and AP are both cut from the same cloth. What a great draft.

Season Tickets, First Deck
    Yeah I keep hearing things about his character seems like a good kid. Heck he went to the Wild game the other night! What better way to get in the god side of our fans! All I know is he better wear his gloves when he plays cuz I am still having nightmares of that pro day.

I think the key thing in this whole thing is since they traded up in the first round they are now able to do a fifth year option on his contract. Absolutely brilliant by slick Rick on that one.

the whole pro day thing is a fluke. when it comes to business the kid wins. that last bowl game he romped the opposition for 440 yards or so and multiple touchdowns. he even wins when he plays with injury. the proof is in the pudding. we got ourselves the real deal.

watching his game footage you can see him progressing through the different receivers and making great reads. his presence is awesome and he isn't spooked in the collapsing pocket like ponder. he will take hits, knowing they are coming. The kid is tough as nails. He needs to add another 15-20 lbs to his frame and there should be an improvement in arm strength and durability too.

I am seriously high on him right now and bet he plays by midway through the season or sooner. if we lose that first terribly tough stretch in the beginning of the schedule he may be in by the fifth or sixth game.

He may be new but the system is new for ponder and cassel and for that reason I think he has a great shot to kick their butts. We will see....

And if cassel has a fabulous year...so be it...more time for him to ripen up for the perfect moment to step in and be our guy for good.

Coach in Training
    So far reports from rookie camp indicate he's looking even better than expected. Zimmer made the comment that he did well enough to upgrade his status to getting serious reps with the first team offense when OTAs come around.

He is a very smart kid. Ponder and Cassel both have their work cut out for them. Ponder is headed toward waterboy and Cassel the clipboard holder. Go Teddy Go! I finally watched every one of his games on youtube. You can see his progress over time too. Amazing how he continually improves. Can't wait to see him out-compete our clowns.