Thread: Expectations for 2014

Expectations for 2014

Well this will be a shakeup year in the AFC West I believe.

Broncos: I see the Broncos slipping(Seahawks provided the roadmap - take the short stuff away from Manning). John Fox expects Eric Decker to be back but I don't see an uptick in talent because the return of some players will be countered by the FA loss of others. It's a tough call - can Manning continue a high level of play at 87 years old? OK, whatever age. I just don;t see it. I think it's the end of the road for Manning and the Broncos. They finish somewhere around 8-8 in 2014. I see the Broncos rebuilding, starting with this draft.

Chiefs: Jamaal Charles is the Peyton Manning of the Chiefs. Take him away and the Chiefs become mediocre. The Chiefs have paid a pretty premium on OLine players that may be headed out. I'm just wondering how durable Charles can be. If he's healthy alll year, the Chiefs may take the division. If the Chiefs can land a couple playmakers in the draft, they may be the team to beat inb the west.

Chargers: San Diego had an up and down season all the way to the playoffs. Ken Whisenhunt's offense looked good for the most part. But now he's off to head coach the Titans. Former Bills QB Frank Reich takes over the offense under HC McCoy. I don't see the Chargers hitting FA heavy, but should be able to re-sign LB Butler. But it's the pass defense where they must improve. I think the Chargers can return to the playoffs as long as teh offense continues to put up big numbers.

Raiders: Did I save the best for last? Uh... not really. There is no telling what the Raiders will look like in 2014. Right now they look like an expansion team with a handful of positions settles. If they re-sign some of their own talent and use their record-setting high salary cap availability wisely, they could go from worst to... respectable. Anything apporoaching 8-8 would be a great big deal for Oakland. But this team will be built this spring.

-Q

Time for the Raiders to move up a few slots in the AFC West. It's so important for them to make the right moves in FA and the 2014 draft.
    What moves can the make? Any impact players on their radar?

Chiefs are my team to take a even bigger step in 2014. I love their QB they made one of the best trades in 2013. Raiders need to come up with a BIG Move that pans out like the Chiefs did.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaky View Post
    Time for the Raiders to move up a few slots in the AFC West. It's so important for them to make the right moves in FA and the 2014 draft.
    What moves can the make? Any impact players on their radar?

Chiefs are my team to take a even bigger step in 2014. I love their QB they made one of the best trades in 2013. Raiders need to come up with a BIG Move that pans out like the Chiefs did.
    Hard to tell what these teams will look like after until after free Agency and the draft. But you may be right about teh Chiefs.

As far as the Raiders go... it's a blank canvas. Nearly every facet of the team other than linebackers and special teams will undergo a major overhaul. And if any team has the money to have a competitive advantage front loaded contracts with higher guarantees are more enticing to players than back-ended with salary that ill never be paid. So the Raiders should be able to do some upgrading. Would much rather have the Rams' picks in the draft however.

-Q

Head Coach Material
    AFC WEST??? AFC WEST?????

Let's go in reverse order,...the Raiders can be like so many other teams lately coming out of the fog to make the playoffs in one season. Every team in the NFL has the talents to win imo.

Chargers are the Chargers. They're okay but it's similar to the Falcons that things happen in games that don't make sense.

Chiefs are an enigma. They have had arguably the best teams the last two seasons, TALENT-WISE, than any other in the AFC. Scott Pioli as gone now so they'll win 9 or 10 games.

Broncos have a defense although aging. haha they have a QB although breaking records. What no one is noticing is that the Broncos are well rounded throughout the roster especially on the O-line. Remember I watched the fastest QB in NFL history run around because he didn't have time to throw the ball. Manning is not going to run around anymore and the Broncos O-staff has done and will do a great job protecting the old man.

What up Q????.... I can't believe I just found this place.... hope all is well.... btw... love the Raiders draft pick.... suspicious of our ginger GM though...

Quote Originally Posted by Schmed View Post
    What up Q????.... I can't believe I just found this place.... hope all is well.... btw... love the Raiders draft pick.... suspicious of our ginger GM though...
    Hey Schmed...fancy seeing you here. Maybe we should get the gang to come over here?