I have attempted to put together a draft strategy for the Raiders and chosen players to meet both meet the teams needs and whose names will generate some jersey sales.

R1. Sammy Watkins WR Clemson

Raiders need playmakers and I am assuming Clowney is gone. Shaub needs a deep threat to throw to in order to open up the under and safety valve routes. Watkins will have Jones to mentor him and can help jump start the offense in the return game.

R2. Trade Down

Trade down at least once to pick up a 4th round pick which I use later.

R2. Jimmy Ward S Northern Illinois

With the pick obtained in the trade down the Raiders select a playmaking safety/slot CB with terrific hands and great coverage skills. He will have Woodson to mentor him for a year and then take over in 2015. He will really help solidify the back end of the defense. The only question is which Black Hole guy will get a custom jersey with Ward's number and the name "Psycho Ward".

R3. Running Back - Tre Mason Auburn/ Bishop Sankey/ Carlos Hyde/Pat Sims

Raiders pick their workhorse running back. I have listed my top four at the position. One of them will be there for the Raiders at the top of R3. With McInjury on a one year deal and last year's guy gone, the Raiders need a workhorse to carry the offense. Any one of these guys can do it. Your guess is as good as mine as to who they like best. (Yes I considered Storm Johnson, but that name fits better in Miami or New Orleans)

R4. Tom Savage QB Pitt

Raiders pick their future QB. He fits the Raiders perfectly. He transferred twice (misfit) and let's face it; the name SAVAGE belongs on a Raider jersey.

R4 (B). James Hurst OT North Carolina (Pick obtained in R2 Trade down)

Make no mistake about it, Hurst has late R1 ability but broke his leg in his bowl game. By all reports he will be fine in time for all preseason activities. He stonewalled Clowney in their opener for instance. He will add some talented youth to an OLine. If the vets signed in the off season appear to be doing the job, then the Raiders can keep Hurst on the NFI list and have his contract carry over and still have him for 4 years.

R5. No Pick. Pick was traded last year

R6. Ethan Westbrooks DE West Texas A&M

At 6' 4" 267 he is similar in size to Clowney and dominated at the small school level. He plays with a chip on his shoulder and his Shrine game performance (2 sacks) shows he can play with the big boys. He will also have Justin Tuck to mentor for him which is never a bad thing.

R7 Zach Kerr NT Delaware

At 6' 1" 326, a low-lying stout defender to insert in the middle of the DLine. He is raw, but should be able to play in rotation in running situations. The Raiders DLine needs all of the help they can get. Besides what is more appropriate than a "Mudhen" in the middle of the Coliseum slop they call a field in December?

R7 B Tyler Starr OLB/DE South Dakota

Another Bad boy for the Raiders. A major goof off in HS had to beg for a scholarship. At South Dakota he goofed off some more barely staying eligible and then his world changed when he fathered a child. Had terrific junior and senior years. At 6' 4" 250lbs would make a nice set of bookends with Sio Moore. Don't let his 4.85 40 fool you. His 1.63 10, 4.15 shuttle and 6.64 cone drill let you know that he can get to the QB. And if the team should move back to LA, well then his Jersey sales should go through the roof!

Well that is it. have at it!