Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: #1 Pick - Johnny Football - Clinched it

#1 Pick - Johnny Football - Clinched it

I watched his pro day live earlier today and he looked SPECTACULAR!!

Velocity, accuracy, tight spiral, throwing from the set position or throwing on the move, he made every throw in the book and looked like he was born to throw the football, like it comes as natural to him as breathing. I've seen a lot of pro days, but thats the best one I've ever seen. As I've been saying for over a year, Manziel will be the #1 Pick, and I'll guarantee you Bill O'Brien walked out of that pro day today thinking, ITS OVER, theres nothing further to discuss, we have to take this kid #1.

I watched every throw he made today and he only missed 1 out of about 75, the other 74 were dead on the money (one dropped) ... with zip.

BTW he did his workout in full pads. None of this throwing comfortable in shorts and a tee shirt. He put on a show and he did it in full pads and helmet.
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 03-27-2014 at 10:50 PM.

his arm looked better than I expected. I think they repainted the fieldhouse lines to 8 yards not 10, LOL
    his release point is lower than his helmet, but I think thats over played. you need a lane even if your 6'6"

take it for what its worth Ham, its a scripted practice with no pressure. Its a pitch and catch regardless if done in uniform or shorts. theres no reading a defense prior to or after a snap. there's no defensive cadence to force the QB to then quickly adapt the play he is in by audible and basically anything done in college is just that COLLEGE. to many Heisman QB failed and Johnny reminds me of Timmy but a lot smaller. limited reads and doesn't work the pocket he runs from the pocket. sorry but i wouldn't take him 1st rd. If Houston does good for the jets. I doubt it though.
    Oh heres what i remeber from great pro days Jamarcus russell and Mark sanchez.. pro days means SH*TTT all it is is another glorified day to make more green from the fans. more TV money..

Sin, you seem to be forgetting that I've been his biggest supporter for two years and I've watched about 75% of all of his games over the past two years, 75% of every throw he has made over the past two years, so for me its not all about the pro day, all the pro day did for me was confirm everything I already knew, but some of his detractors got slapped in the face with a dose of reality today and HE WILL be the #1 Pick as I have been saying for two years, book it.

Quote Originally Posted by sincityjetsfan View Post
    Johnny reminds me of Timmy but a lot smaller.
    That is the height of absurdity. Tim Tebow can't throw, never could, while Johnny is a terrific thrower of the football.

Ham trust me i know your a fan of his. I cant say he will or wont go first overall. i hope to hell he does for the Jets sake. It pushes 1 more 1st rd talent level player down towards the Jets. Manziel is a project in the pros. I recall all the tebow fans screaming about his accuracy and passing numbers in college.. i remeber the fans screaming about Vick way back when a revolutionary player.. I watched him too. And when better teams kept him in the pocket where he couldnt run around a just chuck it he was a kid who failed to make quick reads. he failed to move the ball and he was just ehh. But does that mean he cant play or produce in the future NOPE. But if i'm drafting for talent/Value he isnt a 1st rdr by any means. And even with this being a QBIE league i'm not sold on Bortles or bridgewater being top 15 players

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    That is the height of absurdity. Tim Tebow can't throw, never could, while Johnny is a terrific thrower of the football.
    Now come on Ham no one ever slighted Tim on his numbers during college, like Johnny he had fantastic completion numbers. again running around throwing on the run. limited reads from the pocket. When he was coming out they started to pick apart his ability to read and throwing motion and guess what he fell as he should have.

You know who had the best pro day of any QB in the past 10 years? Jamarcus Russell. So don't buy everything on what you see at a Pro Day. That being said, I think Manziel will be a good pro QB and he did very well today. I did like the pads and helmet, he's dead right when he said, I'll be wearing em when I play, why not wear them now?
    NFLfans 2006, 2010 Fantasy Football Champion

Got ?

Quote Originally Posted by sincityjetsfan View Post
    Ham trust me i know your a fan of his. I cant say he will or wont go first overall. i hope to hell he does for the Jets sake. It pushes 1 more 1st rd talent level player down towards the Jets. Manziel is a project in the pros. I recall all the tebow fans screaming about his accuracy and passing numbers in college.. i remeber the fans screaming about Vick way back when a revolutionary player.. I watched him too. And when better teams kept him in the pocket where he couldnt run around a just chuck it he was a kid who failed to make quick reads. he failed to move the ball and he was just ehh. But does that mean he cant play or produce in the future NOPE. But if i'm drafting for talent/Value he isnt a 1st rdr by any means. And even with this being a QBIE league i'm not sold on Bortles or bridgewater being top 15 players
    The thing is...Vick wasn't a very smart field general. Manziel has a partying rep but the fact is he has worked his tail off to get to where he is and he is a very very bright football mind. He can and will adjust, especially if well coached.
    NFLfans 2006, 2010 Fantasy Football Champion

Got ?

the governor Rick Perry and HW #41 Prez Bush stopped by. Johnny's a baller. If Houston is dumb enough to pass on him they will regret it for years.