• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A
    NFLfans processing...

Thread: Bridgewater a possibility?

Season Tickets, First Deck

Bridgewater a possibility?

Well guys with his "poor" performance yesterday some are saying he could drop to us. I still don't see it happening but if he does I think we need to pull the trigger. Out of the balls I saw him throw he had one that fluttered pretty badly but overall he seemed to have the arm strength.

I still think he will be gone and we should stock up on defense if he is. A first pick of Mack would make me very happy. What do you guys think of Aaron Murray. I think the kid has all the tools and would be worth a shot in a later round.

Coach in Training
    I'd heard some of the same things. Makes me happy that we might have a chance but, I don't know if that will happen. Mack would be a great prize otherwise. As for Murray, I'm a fan. I never understood why people didn't think he had what it takes. When healthy he was one of the best QB's in college football. A little on the short side is the only real downgrade other than the knee injury.

if we don't get bw or manziel with that first pick then we need to get mack and if he's not avail then we trade down and grab bpa and a couple other picks to fill up depth.

i don't think the bad pro day is going to drop bw from the top five...if not the top. manziel will drop before he does i think.

excited to see how it plays out...not long from now. tick tock.

Personally, I am not really interested in ANY of this years first round quarterbacks. A first round player should be able to help Immediately.
    We have Cassel for 2 years. Lets just build the defense, a O guard and grab a flier Qb in round 3 or later to "develop". If they stink we can grab a qb next years by trading up (hopefully) if we have to.

Celebrating in the 1st Deck
    If Bridgewater Falls to us at #8 it will be very tempting to take him. Another interesting twist would be if Bridgewater does fall to #8 there isn't a team behind us in need of a QB for several picks. Maybe St Louis at #13 then not until you get to Cleveland's pick at #26. Could we maybe trade back 3 or 4 spots and still get Bridgewater? If we did it would take a lot for whichever QB needy team that passed on Bridgewater early to move back up ahead of us from there second round pick.

Just throwing you guys a curveball here. If Bridgewater does fall to #8 could we trade back a little and still have a chance to get him? Especially now that he has had a "poor" pro day would any of the QB needy teams be willing to sell out the rest of their draft to move up to #10 or #11 from their second round pick to get him?
    All he does is catch TOUCHDOWNS!!!!!!!!!!

Celebrating in the 2nd Deck
    I think that a bad pro day shouldn't affect Bridgewater to a point where he will slide any lower than 8. Remember, some of the worst pro days ever were Peyton Mannings and Matt Ryans. By all accounts, the single most impressive pro days in recent history belong to JaMarcus Russell and Kyle Boller. Both Kiper and McShay have said Russells pro day in particular was the most impressive they had ever seen, at any position.

Pro days are great, but they shouldn't outweigh 3-4 years of tape. I think that Bridgewater is too good of prospect for him to slide, and by the time the draft actually rolls around, I think most of this will be minimized.

For the record, I would be thrilled with Manziel, and pleased with Bortles and Bridgewater. As long as Spielman and Turner have "a guy" that they feel is a great fit, that's who I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Vike Nate View Post

For the record, I would be thrilled with Manziel, and pleased with Bortles and Bridgewater. As long as Spielman and Turner have "a guy" that they feel is a great fit, that's who I want.

I completely agree. I watched or followed every one of Manziel's games this year as college station and a and m are only a couple hours from me, and the guy is a friggen lightning rod on the team. He has very rare qualities. Yeah he is a punk....but of the sort that makes every fan of every other team hate him and fans of any team he is on love him like crazy. when it comes down to it, the thought of fran 2.0 just feels like it would be so much fun...even if he doesn't fit norv's system perfectly. norv is smart enough to adapt and work with the talent he has. i think jax or cleveland is going to take him though.

Celebrating in the 1st Deck
    I wasn't suggesting he would have a huge side, but with the teams that pick after us it isn't a big stretch to think if he is there at #8 that he could still be there at #10 or #11 if we managed to trade back 2 - 3 spots. Probably a mute point though since he probably won't even fall to #8.
    All he does is catch TOUCHDOWNS!!!!!!!!!!

Coach in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter80 View Post
    I wasn't suggesting he would have a huge side, but with the teams that pick after us it isn't a big stretch to think if he is there at #8 that he could still be there at #10 or #11 if we managed to trade back 2 - 3 spots. Probably a mute point though since he probably won't even fall to #8.
    It's a fair point. If for some reason he fell to us, there's no reason to believe he won't keep falling. I doubt far but, it happens. Aaron Rodgers is almost a running joke at this point when talking about falling QB's but the point stands. QB's tend to fall for various reasons. No reason a savy team (presumably us) couldn't monopolize on the situation. I mean, we did the exact same thing with Kalil.