• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A
    NFLfans processing...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meet Your New Vikings: DE Lawrence Jackson

Sorry to keep harping on this, but don't forget there are plenty of guys like who we lost couple years ago (Ray Edwards...) who now aren't even with a team....the team was absolutely right to not even bother to try and compete to keep him, but rather the signed Robison to a reasonable deal and were comfortable that he could take over Edwards spot, which he (and Griffen) have done very well.

Ahhh, very good points. I agree 100% that we do not overpay. I think Allen only has 2-3 years left and a nice looking contract is attractive to keep him here. I just think that Allen will stay a Viking. We will be able to get him for a 4-5 mil a year. I just overinflated the back end of a 5 year deal, to make him get excited. Did not look at the franchise stacking which absolutely will not happen here !!!
    I love the Patriot way and think Spielman will be playing this game too. He has cut ties with the big money guys, restructured the foundation of this team to team friendly salaries and next, you play here for this or you move on !
    Carlson, IMO, is out the door next year also.
    This year though, Allen needs to prove he has more good years left. KW is playing for a new contract also.
    Cook is playing for a good contract extension. Great players to step up this year even more and Henderson is pout to prove his worth. The defense has plenty of incentive to have an amazing year !

Quote Originally Posted by IIsweet View Post
    Ahhh, very good points. I agree 100% that we do not overpay. I think Allen only has 2-3 years left and a nice looking contract is attractive to keep him here. I just think that Allen will stay a Viking. We will be able to get him for a 4-5 mil a year. I just overinflated the back end of a 5 year deal, to make him get excited. Did not look at the franchise stacking which absolutely will not happen here !!!
    I love the Patriot way and think Spielman will be playing this game too. He has cut ties with the big money guys, restructured the foundation of this team to team friendly salaries and next, you play here for this or you move on !
    Carlson, IMO, is out the door next year also.
    This year though, Allen needs to prove he has more good years left. KW is playing for a new contract also.
    Cook is playing for a good contract extension. Great players to step up this year even more and Henderson is pout to prove his worth. The defense has plenty of incentive to have an amazing year !
    KW wil also likely be getting what Winfield agreed to going forward, max $3myn a year or so. It's just the way of the new NFL , no one is overpaying for aging talent anymore. I don't see that trend reversing...

Carlson already restructured, so if he is cut, the cap hit is minimal....