• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A
    NFLfans processing...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vikings build through draft under Rick Spielman, Leslie Frazier

Quote Originally Posted by jevalynn View Post
    I have seen our beloved Vikings over the years field teams that we all support but there have been times when the front office did not have their act together...which I have to believe affects the product on the field.

Most of you youngbloods remember owner Red McCombs but I have been around long enough to remember Max Winter and the dozen owners (all at the same time) during the 80's....or was it 15?

The stability of the Viking front office and balanced coaching (offensive AND defensive) is why we can be proud of the upward direction the team is headed in...i'm very confident of our team more so than 1998 or 2006.
    Well said Jevalynn. I agree on our ownership, that has been first class. Likewise since Spielman has taken over as GM I think our front office has really gotten it's act together.

The only Faux paux has been hiring and then keeping Chilly. That cost us in terms of developing a real solution at QB, and the team got old fast.

I like the approach we have now. No player is bigger than the team...nor any coach for that matter...

This is an organization we can be proud of, and hopefully we can finally get back to and win a championship.

I may be in the minority here, but I think Webb is kept on as a WR.
    He has shown NFL elite athleticism, and has never been given the opportunity to be a WR, which is what he was drafted to do ! I think that he is kept on and he hopefully develops.
    He already knows the playbook to some extent and should know where the WRs are supposed to be. He also knows what the QB is looking at on certain routes.

Quote Originally Posted by IIsweet View Post
    I may be in the minority here, but I think Webb is kept on as a WR.
    He has shown NFL elite athleticism, and has never been given the opportunity to be a WR, which is what he was drafted to do ! I think that he is kept on and he hopefully develops.
    He already knows the playbook to some extent and should know where the WRs are supposed to be. He also knows what the QB is looking at on certain routes.
    He'll certainly be given the oppty, as I mentioned above we are still very light at WR despite the FA signing of Jennings and the drafting of Patterson (as we traded Harvin and released Jenkins). So there is definitely a spot for him. Just a matter if he can beat out some guys most have never heard of....