• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A
    NFLfans processing...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vikings select Cordarrelle Patterson

Coach in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMcCombs View Post
    But I do think Simpson will come in very motivated to prove he belongs, either here or elsewhere. So I think we could in with a vastly improved WR corps over last year...where it really was just Harvin.

Indeed now Ponder has to prove he can get them the ball, but now there are no excuses...and I feel a heck of a lot better if he's not up to the challenge, I'd rather see Cassel taking snaps than Webb.

But we need a linebacker. I'd make a few calls today to Dansby...and hope we either land Reddick with pick #120, or Klein at #155. And i wouldn't hesitate to take both if it played out that way.
    I am liking the pickup of Gerald Hodges right now. I thought he was a good OLB selection. Moving Henderson to the middle scares me a bit but, maybe it will be like the days of his older brother running it between Greenway and Leber. The padded secondary should help also. There is the option of trying Hodges there but, that seems pretty unlikely to me.

Celebrating in the 2nd Deck
    Hoping for Riddick as an UFA later today... that would really be sweet.

As it stands, we got better at every level of the defense, added a playmaker on offense, and got some camp depth along the o-line. Very satisfied with this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Vike Nate View Post
    Hoping for Riddick as an UFA later today... that would really be sweet.

As it stands, we got better at every level of the defense, added a playmaker on offense, and got some camp depth along the o-line. Very satisfied with this draft.
    Indeed, great first day, quiet second day, and solid 3rd day. We built depth and took on a couple options at linebacker. If we could sign WR Rogers and MLB Reddick as UDFAs, then really I feel good what we have done as well. But all in all, a good draft. Could easily see all our first round picks being starters this year, and in fact, we should be expecting exactly that with a first round pick, no?