• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A
    NFLfans processing...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vikings select Cordarrelle Patterson

Vikings select Cordarrelle Patterson

With the 29th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee.

Prospect Profiles

NFL.com

CBS Sportsline

Yahoo! Sports

College Bio

Greg Cosell's take:

He’s a multi-dimensional weapon that can align anywhere in the formation, including the backfield, which he did at Tennessee. He is dynamic with the ball in his hands: shifty, elusive and explosive. He has open field movement ability that you cannot teach. And remember, he’s 6-foot-2 and 216 pounds... But don’t lose sight of the fact that Patterson has much work to do as receiver. At this point, he is not as quick and explosive as a route runner as he is with the ball in his hands. He’s more measured and methodical. He has little sense of the pace and tempo of route running, and how to set up and beat corners. But he has the athletic traits you look for; in addition, he showed good hands, and a willingness to make tough catches in the middle of the field.
    Clips

vs. Florida, Missouri, Vanderbilt, Georgia 2012

vs. Troy 2012

vs. Mississippi State 2012

vs. Kentucky 2012

vs. North Carolina State 2012

That is a lot to give up...A LOT!!! But we do have another target for Ponder. I'm kinda torn here. He's an exciting player but that is a lot to give up. I'll look into the numbers.

Celebrating in the 1st Deck
    Woooooo Hooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Got my guy afterall. Didn't expect the Vikings to make that big trade back into the 1st round making it 3 first round picks.

#23 DT Floyd
    #25 CB Rhodes
    #29 WR Patterson

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!
    All he does is catch TOUCHDOWNS!!!!!!!!!!

If he is another moss then Who cares what we gave up! If he is the second coming of Troy Williamson then FML!

Really Hyper ?
    We just nailed 3 elite talents. No guarantee that the 2nd 3rdor 4th rd pick plays. Normally they are backups, which we have plenty.
    We have landed 3 elite talents.
    Top DT in the draft going in
    Top 2-3 CB in the draft going in
    Top 2 WR in draft going in

Absolutely love this ! I know we gave up a few picks, but lets be real, did we need 11 picks ?

Pick #29= 640

pick #52=380
    pick #83=175
    pick #102=92
    pick #229=less than 2

Those pick are actually around 647, which makes it of equal value, but dang, we don't have any picks until Saturday now. :sorryx:

You better kick some major hiney Patterson!

Quote Originally Posted by IIsweet View Post
    Really Hyper ?
    We just nailed 3 elite talents. No guarantee that the 2nd 3rdor 4th rd pick plays. Normally they are backups, which we have plenty.

Absolutely love this ! I know we gave up a few picks, but lets be real, did we need 11 picks ?
    Very good points. I guess I sorta got caught up in the collection of picks rather than talented players. Actually, if we can come away with a starting MLB, we've pretty much nailed our needs haven't we?

Celebrating in the 1st Deck
    The trade chart works out to fair trade value.

#52 = 380
    #83 = 175
    #102 = 92
    #229 = 1.2
    Total = 648.2

#29 = 640
    All he does is catch TOUCHDOWNS!!!!!!!!!!

Really Hyper ?

I know math wise it might add up, but we lack depth....in a lot of areas. One area that still concerns me is MLB. I know we...or at least looks like we hit it out of the park, but do we have depth to sustain anything. Crazy draft...still wish we would have gotten a MLB in the first 2 rounds, but can't complain to much.

No guarantee that the 2nd 3rdor 4th rd pick plays. Normally they are backups, which we have plenty.
    Let's not go overboard here. Teams don't just trot out 22 1st round picks to start...