Thread: I hate Goodell

Head Coach Material

I hate Goodell

Toronto,...to play an NFL game in a second World nation is,...insane.

To play games in London or Berlin is,...insane.

If there's that much money to spend sending 120 players, 75 coaches and 300 others who pick up the uniforms, make sure the players get they juice during the timeout and all that ****,...then maybe no one will ever know the money that flows through this sport. I bet the damned stadium doesn't sell out.

But this is Roger's wannabe legacy, just like Pete Rozelle. Rozelle was infatuated with expanding the NFL but within U.S. borders. Tagliabue introduced Mexico City with NFL football, although it was preseason. Trying to envision an international NFL game and it just don't makes sense.

Okay,...it's been a trying day. People are blaming the bombings on right wingers and everyone I've dealt with today are ****ing sleepwalking.

Here's the DEAL! Whatever they throw at us?,...win the games. Beat thier asses. Beat their ****ing asses.

Upper Deck, On the Rail
    Roger GotoHell is a numbers guy. Like a number of chief execs...
    That is it.
    He is looking at population centers to expand to... LA, Toronto, Mexico City. But beyond that London, Paris, Berlin & Bonn. The potential for $$$ outweighs the pain-in-the ass for the teams.

Just like the Saints bounty scandal was more about image than about someone who got hurt.

That is one of the reasons the bye week was implemented. It is a make-up for long-distance travel.
    I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Penumbra View Post
    Tagliabue introduced Mexico City with NFL football, although it was preseason.
    The 49ers and Cardinals played a regular season game in Mexico City in 2005. The 49ers lost.

Head Coach Material
    Yeah, I forgot about that game. That was back when the Niners were in a slump. I really don't hate the guy personally. He's a spoiled brat raised in a wealthy family which I don't care about but it's the truth.

What bothers a touch is he's in bed with the player's union. And the way he'll strut to the mike to call out the picks. Think I'll watch a western unless the Falcons trade up.

Head Coach Material
    Quote Originally Posted by xardoz View Post
    The potential for $$$ outweighs the pain-in-the ass for the teams.

Just like the Saints bounty scandal was more about image than about someone who got hurt.

That is one of the reasons the bye week was implemented. It is a make-up for long-distance travel.
    Fascinating,...also consider the entire NFL schedule revolves around two teams in different conferences playing in the same venue. The bye week extended the season which means more $$$.

You are sooooooooooooooo RIGHT about that bounty stuff. I may make a post about that. I don't care who says what,...when the team I played for faced a big time opposition, say as in a WR/QB/RB? WE WERE OUT TO PUNISH! and if you don't punish someone you're gonna lose the game.