Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 83

Thread: Attention mods

  1. #1
    Team Owner
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    20,109

    Attention mods

    You are going to lose 2 posters if you keep this patriots troll around much longer. His sole reason for being here is to troll, THIS BOARD IS NOT JI! He tried to cloak his trollness by befriending a few suckers along the way and playing nice from time to time but the agenda is clear to anyone with half a brain.

    His attack on Ham is disgusting and vial, it pales in comparison to the childish football digs he slings around.

    I'm out if he's allowed to stay.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by pope View Post
    You are going to lose 2 posters if you keep this patriots troll around much longer. His sole reason for being here is to troll, THIS BOARD IS NOT JI! He tried to cloak his trollness by befriending a few suckers along the way and playing nice from time to time but the agenda is clear to anyone with half a brain.

    His attack on Ham is disgusting and vial, it pales in comparison to the childish football digs he slings around.

    I'm out if he's allowed to stay.
    I dont consider myself a sucker but I admit I have tried to be objective, suppportive and open minded about SBC because I thought he could develop into an objective "Pats voice" for us here. That support ended when I read the exchange between he and Hammer last night.

    That thread spiraled into exactyl what I was afraid it would. However, my fear was that it would be two "regulars" that would go to war over the topic and it would become a lingering problem. But when a guest goes after a regular like SBC did, I'm with Pope, I think its time for him to go.

    NO way can we lose Pope and Hammer and after what I read from last night, no matter which "side" you were on, no guest should ever be allowed to what SBC did.

    So I am seconding Pope's request that we ban SBC from this site. I was hoping it would work out with him here...but it clearly has not.

  3. #3
    In my defense, I'll paste my last response from that unfortunate and dispicable thread. In that thread I said what I would hope any sane American would say. Yesterday's events should be 100% about the terror and the victims, not a rush to judgement on an entire class of people before the bodies are even cold, or a bash on our government, or a furthering of one's own political agenda. I took issue with the lack of any mention of the victims, which continues even now with all the clamoring for my banning. Really? THAT's what's important to you folks after such a heinous event? To silence my voice? Honest and true, you need to look inward and dig deep to find your humanity. This whole thing is very sad. Tell me how my last post is trolling. Please.

    Quote Originally Posted by SamBamCunningham View Post
    That IS appalling . I agree 100 percent.It's totally shameless to leverage such a tragic event for the sake of a re-tweet or Facebook like. I'm ashamed I got sucked in by it and shared it here. But I disagree completely withyour characterization that I was appalled by someone speaking honestly about the subject because I disagree with the politics. I took issue with the politicizing of the event, NOT the individual politics involved. Any reasoned person should understand the difference. Look at the posts. It's all there. Not ONCE were thevictims mentioned or mourned. It was all about the government, liberals, media. Etc., and never about the dead and wounded. THAT is my issue, not some crazy notion that I came here as a JI ''assassin '' or that I'm a liberal apologist. I am anything but on both counts.

  4. #4
    Oh yes...THAT's the issue.
    Simple matter of being a Pats troll apparently.

    Here's the deal: Get over it.

    This is speaking generally in the spirit of this thread...not specifically to MSG, BTW.

    People have always and will continue to get into harsh, rancorous threads. It's an internet message board board, and it doesn't f-ing matter.

    A troll would be somebody who glibly posts obnoxious venom with the motive of stirring others into a back-and-forth tizzy. I know exactly what the troll posts were in that thread. Exactly.

    So yeah. People need to get over it. And don't go crying to the mods when a reaction comes that escalates into vitriol...and wittle feewings get hurted. Christ...

  5. #5

    msg

    if something needs to be done please let me know...

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetses View Post
    Oh yes...THAT's the issue.
    Simple matter of being a Pats troll apparently.

    Here's the deal: Get over it.

    This is speaking generally in the spirit of this thread...not specifically to MSG, BTW.

    People have always and will continue to get into harsh, rancorous threads. It's an internet message board board, and it doesn't f-ing matter.

    A troll would be somebody who glibly posts obnoxious venom with the motive of stirring others into a back-and-forth tizzy. I know exactly what the troll posts were in that thread. Exactly.

    So yeah. People need to get over it. And don't go crying to the mods when a reaction comes that escalates into vitriol...and wittle feewings get hurted. Christ...
    I agree with you in theory. And if this were an exchange between two regualrs here then I would likely agree. But IMO (and I have had discussions about this with SBC before because I did want it to work out for him here) when you are a guest you have to act as such. Sometimes you have to bite your tounge until you've established yourself. It is one thing for SBC to disagree with Hammer on a controversial topic, I have no issue with that...but I think he really crossed a line with him and it is also my opinion that we need to show loyalty to those who are regualrs here.

    RARELY does anyone get banned here. So its not like the mods get tons of these requests. But I do think there are times when its warranted. And my position is simply that if SBC stays, based on his track record of hostility on just abot every Pats related posts (see yesterdays for another example) and then last nights over the top exchange with Hammer, I think the board as a whole will suffer so its best if he were removed before we lose valuable long time posters.

    JMO. Others, feel free to chime in on this....

  7. #7
    Team Owner
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    20,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetses View Post
    Oh yes...THAT's the issue.
    Simple matter of being a Pats troll apparently.

    Here's the deal: Get over it.

    This is speaking generally in the spirit of this thread...not specifically to MSG, BTW.

    People have always and will continue to get into harsh, rancorous threads. It's an internet message board board, and it doesn't f-ing matter.

    A troll would be somebody who glibly posts obnoxious venom with the motive of stirring others into a back-and-forth tizzy. I know exactly what the troll posts were in that thread. Exactly.

    So yeah. People need to get over it. And don't go crying to the mods when a reaction comes that escalates into vitriol...and wittle feewings get hurted. Christ...

    Some of us left a different board and came here to a much more civilized place for a reason. If you want to enjoy all that those boards embody then feel free to sign up and get your rocks off over there.

    mmmmkay? Just because you side with the troll, don't get your wittle feewings hurt is he's done away with.

  8. #8
    Team Owner
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    20,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetses View Post
    Oh yes...THAT's the issue.
    Simple matter of being a Pats troll apparently.

    Here's the deal: Get over it.

    This is speaking generally in the spirit of this thread...not specifically to MSG, BTW.

    People have always and will continue to get into harsh, rancorous threads. It's an internet message board board, and it doesn't f-ing matter.

    A troll would be somebody who glibly posts obnoxious venom with the motive of stirring others into a back-and-forth tizzy. I know exactly what the troll posts were in that thread. Exactly.

    So yeah. People need to get over it. And don't go crying to the mods when a reaction comes that escalates into vitriol...and wittle feewings get hurted. Christ...

    Oh and if it were your deceased parents being attacked perhaps your wittle feewings would be hurt, eh?

    Stay Classy.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by pope View Post
    Oh and if it were your deceased parents being attacked perhaps your wittle feewings would be hurt, eh?

    Stay Classy.
    Who attacked deceased parents? If you mean me, show me.

    No need to inflame a bad situation by making chit up. Or are your just trying to troll?

  10. #10
    Sbc, Gtfo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO