Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cuba

Assistant Coach

Cuba

I know my generation 50++ remembers Castro's taking over Cuba and the Bay of Pigs fiasco and others. But that was along time ago. The younger Cuban's in Florida have a different view of Cuba then we do. Maybe just maybe let us try to normalize our relaions if only for the Cuban People.

THe party's over last one out turn out the lights, that joint is ruined and there's no going back, they can keep it.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

Maybe Ret2Ski's

Generation of the 70++ and over can recount the atrocities of the Batista regime, any takers?

Assistant Coach
    I could careless about Batista,Fidel or Raul. My concern is the Cuban People.

I know that there are many beautiful Cuban women who cry themselves to sleep knowing they will never get the chance to meet me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundermerikan View Post
    Generation of the 70++ and over can recount the atrocities of the Batista regime, any takers?

Fidel killed 462 people in one day in 1962, more than Batista in his whole 8 years in power, get the fck out of here with that Gund you fool.

Does anyone believe anything that comes out of the Korean propaganda machine? And yet all these Hollywood elitists and the other romantic Kommies and tag alongs with their unwashed bodies and beards wearing Che Guevara T-Shirts believe and defend Castro to the death... Hipocrites. We're going on almost 60 years of that repressive cancerous system, enough is enough! But no, I have to come here and see this ignorant fool Gund bring up that ogre Batista... Fool!

Pinochet, Contreras

Ok PAL, how many in one day did this CIA-backed dude disappear?

Answer please.

Or how about this dude from Argentina's operation Condor in the Dirty War?

Okay you're a fan of Batista? Here ya go bro put this in your file

In 1952, Batista again ran for president. In a three-way race, Roberto Agramonte of the Orthodox Party led in all the polls, followed by Carlos Hevia of the Authentic Party. Batista's United Action coalition was running a distant third.

So on March 10, 1952, three months before the elections, Batista, with army backing, staged a coup and seized power...

When asked by the US government to analyze Batista's Cuba, Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr. said this

• The corruption of the Government,
    • the brutality of the police,
    • the regime's indifference to the people's needs for
    • education,
    • medical care,
    • housing,
    • for social justice and
    • economic justice

9. ... is an open invitation to revolution.

-according to The Dynamics of World Power: A Documentary History of the United States Foreign Policy 1945-1973, by Arthur Meier Schlesinger, 1973, McGraw-Hill, ISBN 0070797293, p. 512

Once again in power, Batista didn't continue the progressive social policies of his earlier term. He wanted recognition by the upper strata of Cuban society, which had never accepted him in their social circles. He also worked to increase his personal fortune.

Economy of Cuba
Upon his seizure of power, Batista inherited a country that was relatively prosperous for Latin America. Although a third of the population still lived in poverty, Cuba was one of the five most developed countries in the region. In the 1950s, Cuba's gross domestic product (GDP) per capita was roughly equal to that of Italy at the time, although Cuba's GDP per capita was still only a sixth as large as that of the United States.

However, despite an array of positive indicators, in 1953, the average Cuban family only had

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Don't come here with that crap man, Batista as crooked and corrupt as he was was a baby compared to Fidel. People were thriving in Cuba in the late 50's the standard of living in Cuba was on par if not better than the U.S, We had more Cadillacs and Lincolns per capita than the average American. Give me a fcking break, Castro has destroyed that country.

Why is it Gund that you never have an original thought? it's always some crap you went and found somewhere, you have no leg to stand on in this argument, you read about it, I lived it. I was born in that repressive hell hole and went to school a few years there. My father was a political prisoner under Castro, so shut your mealy Kommie pie hole up because you are really clueless on this one.

• Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast