Thread: Shifting to a run game, possibly

Head Coach Material

Shifting to a run game, possibly

Watching the offseason signings and seeing four Falcons starters released is a sign of the times but there's more to it.

The one that stands out is the signing of Jackson. Then the release of RT Tyson Clabo stands out even more. Clabo is a better pass blocker than run blocking. So the question comes to mind,...are we gonna see a run heavy Falcons offense this season? Or at least a short passing game/run game with an occaisional deep throw? That attack mentality on offense worked with many Super Bowl winning teams, the Aikman Cowboys, the Steelers in the 70's, Redskins.

It makes sense when you understand the plan they have in Atlanta. Put simply, they want to control the football but score TDs. They want to, and this will get me in trouble, HIDE the weaknesses of the defense by dominating time of posession. Just like against the Seahawks going up 20 points and barely scratching out a win, just like going up on the Niners 17-0 and losing the NFCCG at home, when the Falcons go up in score they go vanilla on defense, try to run the clock out mid-way through the 3rd qtr. and hey ya'll unless they get some better play from the D there's no way this franchise wins a Super Bowl.

The talking heads say Jackson will get the Falcons those first downs on 3rd and short. Might be Jackson will be featured early in games, it makes sense to me. Then unleash Ryan/Jones/White/Gonzales.

This is what's great about posting 5 months before the regular season begins. No one will remember it if turns out wrong. Or if it's right.

who do they have in mind to replace clabo ?
    "E-A-G-L-E-S ... EAGLES!"

Well you filthy piece of descending rectum, it appears you may have succeeded. After speaking with Pen via IM, he is tired of you to the point he may not return.

The Moderator here should never have been made and would not have been chosen if not for you and your actions=agenda!
    So itís just you and I, of course even when it is football only related you NEVER respond or direct your little digs to ANYONE but Pen. So now you have to throw them at me:wavex:.

If Quartermaster sees this I am formally requesting to be made the sole moderator of this board. Maybe there is a chance I can get Pen to return and possibly some of the many who have come here just to leave because of your incessant actions.

However I must commend you, on this post to Pen, it was football only related and must admit I was astonished. Unfortunately it may be too little too late.
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Head Coach Material
    Clabo,...is replaced for now by this guy.

The Falcons' official website confirms Lamar Holmes is penciled in as the new starting right tackle.

A 6'6/323 second-year player out of Southern Miss, Holmes saw just seven snaps as a rookie. But the Falcons are apparently comfortable enough with him to release long-time starting right tackle Tyson Clabo. Holmes' only competition will come from jumbo tight end Mike Johnson and a possible draft pick. The Falcons will be breaking in a new center and right tackle this season.

Source: atlantafalcons.com Apr 4 - 11:41 AM

Ya see Talon you missed the entire intent of my post. Okay, let's do some Kindergarten okay boys and girls? What's easier to do, pass or run block? Well,...chilren it depends on if the linemen blocking are athletic enough to pull and block downfield, on that so called second level bull**** okay? But straight ahead zone blocking is the easiest thing rather than having your QB killed at 6'6" and unable to block unless you HOLD! WHICH I PREDICT!!!! The Falcons offensive line already has a bad rep if anyone's noticed.

So as my original post intimated it may be some ugly run games because the Falcons aren't playing the AFC West and the NFC East this season, the NFC East is a joke anyway. SWEPT the mighty NFC East and the AFC West as well last season,...ahhhh, so sweeeeeeeet!

Duh,...how you gonna replace Vick when he gets hurt?

i think they won't relie on an untest ot , they'll make a move after the draft . vick ? i don't expect him to be an Eagle come opening day , if , they draft a QB , Foles did a great job at the end of the yr behind an injury riddled line and without the top rb , wr and te all out for multipule games
    "E-A-G-L-E-S ... EAGLES!"